Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Shut up and take my money! Did you pre-purchase Guild Wars 2?

• 90 results
    Onineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Onineko

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Rhaknar said:

wheres mah steam pre-order :/

It probably will appear on Steam for the release date, but you definitely won't be able to pre-purchase to get the bonuses from there.

But what about achievements then? Will it be only on Steam, like with most of games (like Skyrim for example) ?

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@Onineko said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Rhaknar said:

It probably will appear on Steam for the release date, but you definitely won't be able to pre-purchase to get the bonuses from there.

But what about achievements then? Will it be only on Steam, like with most of games (like Skyrim for example) ?

GW2 has an in-game Achievement system. I don't know how it will mesh with Steam.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Codeacious
    @SteamPunkJin

@Onineko said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Rhaknar said:

GW2 has an in-game Achievement system. I don't know how it will mesh with Steam.

It won't. I'd be shocked if GW2 used any form of Steamworks.
    shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By shikon

@Chavtheworld said:

I'mma pre-purchase from Amazon or Play. Probably Play.com cause I always get fucked by Amazon's delivery. I would get from NCSoft but I cba with the download for the full game, but I want in on the Beta weekends and headstart. So disc is the obvious choice for me.

friend of mine said you only get send a piece of paper with a key so your stuck downloading the game anyway =D

Onineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Onineko

I'm pretty scared of this downloading tbh, i affraid this 3 days that will be a profit from CE will be lost for downloading ;P

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @SteamPunkJin said:

I'm hoping they include Amazon on the pre-purchase thing, I'm sitting on enough credit to grab the digital deluxe version.

Here's anincomplete list of the retailers that are participating in the pre-purchase program and whether they are offering the CE. I just hope they decide in the next few days to sell some through Amazon or even Best Buy in the US, because I'm not looking forward to doing business with GameStop.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@SteamPunkJin said:

I'm hoping they include Amazon on the pre-purchase thing, I'm sitting on enough credit to grab the digital deluxe version.

Here's an incomplete list of the retailers that are participating in the pre-purchase program and whether they are offering the CE. I just hope they decide in the next few days to sell some through Amazon or even Best Buy in the US, because I'm not looking forward to doing business with GameStop.

Yea I saw that a few days ago, if it comes down to it I'll just buy straight from ANet over Gamestop. The DDE is what I'm after which isn't actually mentioned separately on that list, hopefully if they stock Standard they stock the DDE - then again this is just me inferring that CE means Physical CE.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll be pre-purchasing on the 10th, because I want it digitally.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By Seppli

@Chavtheworld said:

I'mma pre-purchase from Amazon or Play. Probably Play.com cause I always get fucked by Amazon's delivery. I would get from NCSoft but I cba with the download for the full game, but I want in on the Beta weekends and headstart. So disc is the obvious choice for me.

According to my retailer, if you buy the 'pre purchase' boxed version of the game, you'll never get a disc ever. Just that code-in-a-box. CE will get a code-in-a-box, as well as the box with the goodies at release, dunno if the discs will be there or not - but you certainly got to pay up-front.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Karkarov

On april 10th I will pre purchase the normal edition. I don't need another goofy statue and art books/stills I look at once and never touch again. The soundtrack would have been nice though. Meanwhile the digital deluxe is a major league rip off. 20 bucks for 3 one time or short duration items, a skill you won't even need, and a annoying mini companion thing I will never summon. No thanks.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By Bollard

@Shikon said:

friend of mine said you only get send a piece of paper with a key so your stuck downloading the game anyway =D

@Seppli said:

According to my retailer, if you buy the 'pre purchase' boxed version of the game, you'll never get a disc ever. Just that code-in-a-box. CE will get a code-in-a-box, as well as the box with the goodies at release, dunno if the discs will be there or not - but you certainly got to pay up-front.

Ah whaaaat. The way I was reading the FAQ page made it seem like you get a code for the beta weekends (which is also your final key) but eventually you'd get a box and stuff? I thought a disc would be in there... Hopefully the beta client will update to the full game then so I can save some time there!

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Chavtheworld: All physical editions will include a disk on release.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By Bollard

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Chavtheworld: All physical editions will include a disk on release.

Yay!

Onineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Onineko

Whoa, I finnaly paid for my CE ^^ Now just need to wait x)

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally placed my pre-order. Here's hoping for a beta event soon!

Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Cake

Just did.

@selfconfessedcynic said:

Finally placed my pre-order. Here's hoping for a beta event soon!

Apparently the next beta event is around the end of this month.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Maystack

End of the month = when all my assignments are due in. Either that means I'll be all finished with them so I'll have time to play, or I'll be rushing them in time for the due date and have no time to play...

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cake: Yup! (good job picking up that username by the way)

@Maystack: : D - when I was in uni and Metal Gear Solid 4 came out I ended up just fucking playing that all weekend and starting my assignments on the same day they were due for the entire week thereafter. Good times.

Though that was second year, so those assignments were for pansies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-order made now to wait for the first beta weekend = /

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Maystack

@selfconfessedcynic: I'm only in the first year, so really the work is even less useful haha

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Maystack:

lol, I tried in first year - I was totally motivated, excited and all of that. After first year I realised it was pretty much high school all over again but with much hotter women and way more free time / things to do with that free time. Needless to say, my priorities rearranged shortly thereafter : )

So good luck with those assignments!

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Maystack

@selfconfessedcynic: I had the benefit of knowing that the first year grade isn't added to the final grade, and so I'm not exactly giving my fullest ;P

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Maystack: Fuckin amen to that dude. See you on beta weekend : )

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll end up pre-ordering the collector's edition (I'm a sucker for art books) from Gamestop, but I don't know when. My family and I are currently looking for a new place so I'd rather have that down before ordering anything. I'm too lazy to change the delivery address after things are done. Yes, it's pathetic, I know. *eats cookie*

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@insane_shadowblade85: Where I live at least, GameStop gives you a receipt that's good for your copy until a couple of days after launch. I don't know that they actually mail anything to you.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Funkydupe

Do you get to play in the beta right now if you pre-order?

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@insane_shadowblade85: Where I live at least, GameStop gives you a receipt that's good for your copy until a couple of days after launch. I don't know that they actually mail anything to you.

I'm going to be pre-ordering online instead of walking into a store (didn't know I had to reinstate my license after it was suspended years ago, so driving there is out of the question) since I find it better than waiting in traffic. The only downside of ordering online is waiting for the UPS guy to bring me my package.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By EuanDewar

My friend was like "HEY, I LIKE HOW GUILD WARS 2 IS LOOKIN', MIGHT PRE-ORDER IT HOW ABOUT YOU?" and I was like "WHAT? NO LOL".

And that was that really.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Codeacious

@Funkydupe: You get to play in all Beta Weekend Events, the first of which is planned for the end of April. They haven't announced a date, and there's only two weekends left, so it's either the 20th or 27th.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Funkydupe

@isnipeyoudie: Thanks

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Everybody should make certain that they specify the term "pre-purchase" rather than "pre-order" when they pay for the copy, as a lot of people are reporting a general lack of awareness about the program from chain-store employees.

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

I'm going to be pre-ordering online instead of walking into a store (didn't know I had to reinstate my license after it was suspended years ago, so driving there is out of the question) since I find it better than waiting in traffic. The only downside of ordering online is waiting for the UPS guy to bring me my package.

Ah. Well that makes perfect sense, then. Never mind!

Typo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Typo

Ugh, the price increase was a bit annoying... still pre-buying the game in like a week though! also, extremely sad the collector's edition isn't sold in my country, and buying it and shipping it is not an option (even if I ask a friend, in the end I'd end up spending way too much money)

Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By Mechwing

man thier shitty servers really fucked me over for the prepurchase. i clicked on complete payment and the thing just processed FOREVER. so i went back and tried again. NOPE. tried again later, same thing so i gave up. when i wake up i noticed i got charged on ALL of my fuking attempts. and these were the deluxe editions so thats 250$ gone. i was exiciting going into this. and now i'm already fucking sour.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By UssjTrunks

Some peop@Mechwing said:

man thier shitty servers really fucked me over for the prepurchase. i clicked on complete payment and the thing just processed FOREVER. so i went back and tried again. NOPE. tried again later, same thing so i gave up. when i wake up i noticed i got charged on ALL of my fuking attempts. and these were the deluxe editions so thats 250$ gone. i was exiciting going into this. and now i'm already fucking sour.

That happened to a bunch of people. Some people said that NCsoft cancelled the duplicate charges, but if they don't, you need to contact customer support and your credit card company.

Some people reported multiple charges even after just hitting complete payment once.

This kind of stuff should not be happening. The pre-purchase has been a huge mess so far:

- Multiple charges

- People being sorted into the wrong region

- Sending confirmation emails to GW1 email addresses (which are inactive for many people)

My purchase went over smoothly, thankfully.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Pinworm45
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Funkydupe

If that was USD then maybe. I'm stuck with a currency that crits my wallet on every encounter. ;*(

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#87  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Mechwing said:

That sucks, but in fairness, you should really know better than to constantly try and refresh a payment processing.

I had a lot of trouble with registering the account, but that was well after the money transfer phase. Like someone else said, contact customer support, there shouldn't be a problem getting refunded.

EndrzGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By EndrzGame

Pre-purchased today. Very much looking forward to the beta later this month. Went to their website where I read and watched a bunch of stuff about the game and I just couldn't resist. Best thing? NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES!.

Sovereign6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Sovereign6

I bought the Collectors edition while on Lunch at work, on the 10th :P Well, at like 2 in the morning when the site actually started working. So excited!

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Maystack

Just got an email saying my pre-purchase has been shipped. Although I'm going back to uni on the weekend, so if it arrives after that I'll just have to get my sister to email the code to me or something. It's a good thing that's all I need.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.