So, they may flip the switch up to 3 hours early on Fri/Sat????

#1 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Did anyone else get an email stating "...in order to ensure we're fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior."

#2 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

Yup. Personally, I'm not going to schedule my morning around the launch of the game. I'll probably wake up around 9am, which is two hours after it opens here and see how it goes. The servers are going to get hit hard for the 3 hours prior to the 'official' launch time and they will continue to be hit hard for some time after. As long as I get onto Yak's I will be happy....and I'm really hoping I don't get disappointed in it filling up too fast.

#3 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

I will be staying up to hammer-bang the servers to get in. I just have to remember not to drink myself into a stupor Friday night.

#4 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

2pm - yay. I get to play the game earlier than expected.

:D

But yes, I believe they revealed this info last week - good to know for people who are only tuning in now, I guess.

#5 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1458 posts) -

12 a.m or 3 a.m for me (EST). My weekends are usually free so I'll be up and playing.

#6 Posted by TheHT (11292 posts) -

I didn't read that in an e-mail, but they have said so in a news post about release. I'm gonna be clicking 'login' furiously as I listen to the bombcast come midnight EDT.

#7 Edited by bunnymud (717 posts) -

I'll get a nice bottle of wine and try to finish Sleeping Dogs before it goes live.

Off to the workings where I'll hump the boards for information and avoid actual work.

#8 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: Will y'all be in mumble getting your talk on while spamming the login button?

#9 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -

Hey, guys, I appreciate the enthusiasm for this forum, but can we avoid starting so many redundant threads? I feel like this question specifically has been answered several times. We shouldn't have to hassle the mods if a simple search can find the relevant topic.

#10 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@Benny said:

@selfconfessedcynic: Will y'all be in mumble getting your talk on while spamming the login button?

Fukin' there right now! : D

(DW, I'll try to get some sleep)

#11 Posted by announakis (114 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

2pm - yay. I get to play the game earlier than expected.

:D

But yes, I believe they revealed this info last week - good to know for people who are only tuning in now, I guess.

yep nice time isn't it?

II was just trying to log in GW1 to check out some potential event....I cannot get in lol...good omen ... -_-'

#12 Posted by Giefcookie (603 posts) -

I'll be getting up some time before 7am so I can start hitting that login button. Foreseeing a future where no one gets in before 11am after the login servers fall over.

#13 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3308 posts) -
@Giefcookie: To be honest, the difference in number between pre-purchasers who hopped into the game during the last BWE and those that are joining the head-start is probably not significant enough to matter. Especially if ArenaNet have made additional improvements to server stability.
#14 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@SamStrife: Yeah same, I'm not gonna wake up at 5am on the off chance they might open early. Gonna wake at 8 and hope that the servers are in shape.

#15 Posted by abegrey (6 posts) -

cant wait i get off of work at 1100p est so i will get home at 12a just in time to mash login for 3 hours cant wait bought a new comp just for this game

#16 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Yep. Here in Sweden, that means they'll potentially open at 6 AM. I am ready. It's probably the first time in 5 or 6 years I go to bed before 2 AM on a friday/saturday.

#17 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

I really hope they open servers up 3 hours prior, I really don't want to stay up till 3.

#18 Posted by project343 (2827 posts) -

@bunnymud said:

I will be staying up to hammer-bang the servers to get in. I just have to remember not to drink myself into a stupor Friday night.

Or just refresh /r/guildwars2 on your phone every couple minutes while living life? :P

#19 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Is this confirmed? Because the is 3 am here ....

#20 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Wuddel: They have said that they may possibly do it. It could be 3 hours before, it could be 3 minutes before, there's no way to tell for sure.

#21 Posted by llamaegg (227 posts) -

It was starting 01h00 over here, which was going to give me a couple hours before work to play around, wouldn't mind having a couple more hours on top of that though!

#22 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -
@project343 Thats crazy talk
#23 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

According to the countdown, we're nearing ten and a half hours left overall. That would make it around 2am my time...but with this potential "up to three hours early" thing, that could put it around 11pm.

That would be a fuckload nicer for ME, as I am going to basically have to stay at work until I know whether the game is working properly on our computers or not...which means I could possibly be up here until 4am...and I need to open tomorrow, which means I need to wake up at 9am...and I was already up until 6am this morning and waking up at 9am to go back to work from noon until midnight.

*ugh* I'm hoping I can actually stay awake on Sunday and Monday when I'm off work for some Guild Wars 2 time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.