Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Stress Test your first time? Read this FAQ

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Lincoln Force Stress Test FAQ

Hi!

I'll be updating this FAQ with any questions you guys ask - post here if you want to know anything.

This is for general questions about the guild and how to play with the rest of us, not mechanics or graphics settings.

When is the Stress Test?

10:00am to 2:00pm PDT (US West Coast / Los Angeles Time) on Wendesday, June 27th

What server is the guild on?

Yak's Bend

How do I join the guild in game?

Message one of our leaders / officers in game or on mumble

• Frak The Police (Me)
    • Robbie Mac (RobbieMac)
    • Jack Lafayette (Dark_Lord_Spam)
    • Shinboy (Shinboy630)
    • Pancake Apocalypse (No0b0rAmA)
    • Khalessar Ironfist (Tarkhein) - Temp Officer
    • Tesyla Soulweaver (Dourin) - Temp Officer

I just made a new character, why am I not showing up in the guild?

For new characters (unless they've streamlined it), you have to...

1. Hit "G" for the guild page
    2. Hit the wrench in the bottom of the options on the left
    3. Click our guild if not already selected, then hit "represent guild".

This is because you can actually be a part of multiple guilds and represent different ones on any character at any given time. You can change this option after you set it.

I joined the wrong server, can I switch?

You can actually switch servers at the start of each beta event for free, along with the first couple of days of release.

Aside from those times, you need to use gems to switch servers - they give some of these out to everyone during the betas, but they are usually purchased for real world cash or in-game currency.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Sorry to say that I won't be participating in this one. The PC I was using experienced what the technically savvy refer to as a "clusterfuck", so I'm now on an even older machine.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PeezMachine

@Dark_Lord_Spam: I, on the other hand, just finished building my new rig. Time to see if WvWvW is still a slideshow (and if I can get used to this new keyboard).

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Benny

I'll be there, making a mesmer as I've recently gotten an itch to play the class. Something about reading up on some cool sounding builds so I'll make one and see how that pans out.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maystack

Gonna try and do some sPvP seeing as I haven't really done that much, and there won't be time to do any PvE or WvW. Thinking about trying a ranger first.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UssjTrunks

@PeezMachine said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam: I, on the other hand, just finished building my new rig. Time to see if WvWvW is still a slideshow (and if I can get used to this new keyboard).

WvW was smooth for me on a Geforce 520 lol. If it lags, it's because of optimization and not because your machine sucks. if you upgraded to AMD components, chances are it will still lag as they hadn't optimized the content for AMD machines yet last beta.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'll be on for the end event. I want to finally participate in one of those.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Benny
    Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maystack

@Benny: Yeah I was planning on using some builds from there as I'm terrible at it. That build you posted seems quite great, I'll start with that one.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By No0b0rAmA

I'll be on for the duration of the entire beta. Excited to see that finale I missed.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By shinboy630

@Maystack said:

Gonna try and do some sPvP seeing as I haven't really done that much, and there won't be time to do any PvE or WvW. Thinking about trying a ranger first.

I think I will be doing the same on my thief if I don't feel like trying to rush to lvl 30 from 28. We should see if maybe we can get 5 and try our hand at a tournament.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maystack

@shinboy630: I'd rather just mess around alone in this short amount of time to get a grip with it first. Plus, aren't the PvP servers restricted to the different regions?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.