Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Stuck on personal story

dvaeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By dvaeg

My level 21 Sylvari thief is stuck in the personal story. I'm not new to MMOs but I think I'm missing something here.

The mission is where you and Caithe accompany the Harbinger down the river to find where he was born. Once the cut scene is over I get wiped out in 10 seconds and there is no way to recover. If I try to come back down the river Caithe is down and I end up taking on 4 Nightmare Court underwater and getting my ass handed to me.

Am I missing something about how I should be tackling these? I'm being downleveled just to run this (its a level 16 story).

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Some of the storyline stuff is overbearing. (I think i remember doing poorly in that story as well.) If you keep having trouble I recommend calling in a friend to help. I had to do that for a few unblalanced storyline quests. Also, make sure your armor and weapons are up to snuff.

dvaeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

I cheesed the fight and was able to get past it easy on my fifth try or so. By not triggering the cut scene until I was out of the water and up on the rock above the pod none of the Nightmare Court could target me but I could burn them all down with a shortbow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.