Sunday Dance Party (with slightly less dancing) At Lions Arch.

#1 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

No, really. This needs to happen. I think we need to get as many duders as possible to hang out some time at LA tomorrow, and we can get some awesome full guild footage! I can do recording, but will only upload at 720p, anyone else can volunteer to do so too. Get screenshots aplenty, anything that we can keep as a memory of this first BWE and to gauge the scale of Lincoln Force!

So, share when you're available and let's do this! (I reckon the most sensible time will be about 12pm PDT/8pm BST, but please feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong and suggest a much better time!)

#2 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

I'll probably be going out tomorrow evening, so I won't be able to make 8 bst. Then again, I never know for sure so I could still be there.

#3 Edited by RobbieMac (535 posts) -

/sit or /sleep jumping is the new /dance.

I will probably be able to get on for a bit tomorrow.

#4 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@Maystack: Ah that sucks, if we go any earlier though the Americans likely won't be awake...

#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@RobbieMac: I laughed so much when I discovered that.

#6 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@RobbieMac said:

/sit or /sleep jumping is the new /dance.

Haha, yes! Greatest thing ever.

#7 Posted by MannyCalavera (105 posts) -

I guess i could make it, but first i have to check what time that is where i live.

#8 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3387 posts) -

I should be able to join y'all, but lag dictates that I'll be running around like a headless chicken. So, you know, heads up.

#9 Posted by Th3irdEye (260 posts) -

12pm PDT is exactly half way through my 8 hour shift at work tomorrow so that sucks, but I guess it is the best time to reach the most amount of people.

#10 Posted by D_W (1179 posts) -

It does need to happen. I could get some recording done as well. Not sure if I could get mumble to record though. Well I could but it will require so extra video editing on my part.

#11 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@D_W: Awesome stuff!

@Dark_Lord_Spam: That's cool, as long as we all know it's you in the group photo wandering off into the distance ;)

#12 Posted by D_W (1179 posts) -

Right. Now 12pmPDT would be 3am on the east coast, yes?

#13 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@D_W: Yep it would, assuming we're definitely aiming for that time? As I said, I'm free to better suggestions if there's a majority.

#14 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

Fuck, I thought this was an actual dance party.

#15 Posted by Fattony12000 (7518 posts) -

I'll be there, I can record and upload as well.

#16 Posted by D_W (1179 posts) -

If I'm awake I'll be sure to be there.

#17 Posted by Kri0s (87 posts) -

I still can't transfer to Yak's Bend :( .... have to photoshop me into a group photo lol

#18 Posted by Cake (212 posts) -

Well it took about 2 days, but I can finally log in... only to realize I have no idea what server they put me on, and too worried to try and transfer. Any clue how to check what server you're on?

I want a dance party too

#19 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

So confirmed for me not being able to make it. Maybe next BWE.

@Cake: On the login screen click world selection, and it should say your home world at the top.

#20 Posted by Cake (212 posts) -

@Maystack said:

@Cake: On the login screen click world selection, and it should say your home world at the top.

Doesn't show anything... Someone told me it was some EU server though, not sure why they put me there.

Anyone tried to transfer today? Worth a shot?

#21 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Cake: Strange. You could try guesting on Yaks for now. You won't be able to do WvW, but if all you want to do is meet up with duders, you should be fine.

#22 Posted by Cake (212 posts) -

@Maystack said:

@Cake: Strange. You could try guesting on Yaks for now. You won't be able to do WvW, but if all you want to do is meet up with duders, you should be fine.

Haha "Guesting not available at this time", and can't transfer cause apparently I don't have any gems. Oh well, at least I can finally log on at all.

#23 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Cake: Oh right, they turned off guesting for the beta I think. My bad haha

#24 Posted by AlexW00d (6302 posts) -

@D_W said:

It does need to happen. I could get some recording done as well. Not sure if I could get mumble to record though. Well I could but it will require so extra video editing on my part.

Fraps will record mumble audio on top of whatever you have fullscreened.

#25 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@Maystack: Ah dang :(

@D_W: Good stuff!

@Fattony12000: Sweet, as many as possible! We will have to agree on somewhere to meet.

@WilltheMagicAsian: You mean real life? Ahahahaha, if only.

#26 Posted by D_W (1179 posts) -
@AlexW00d: Really? That's pretty nifty then.
#27 Posted by AlexW00d (6302 posts) -

@D_W said:

@AlexW00d: Really? That's pretty nifty then.

As long as all your audio is going to the same output (it only won't be if you set it so) it'll record everything, which has it's advantages and disadvantages, but in this case an advantage.

#28 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3387 posts) -

@Cake: If you access the server list on the character select screen, there should be a little house icon next to your home server. Also, here's how to pick up your free beta gems if you want a transfer.

#29 Posted by Cake (212 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Cake: If you access the server list on the character select screen, there should be a little house icon next to your home server. Also, here's how to pick up your free beta gems if you want a transfer.

Yeah it was weird, before I got those gems and transferred I apparently didn't have a home server, nothing showed at the top. Guessing it was because of the error I had until today. Oh well, now I'm accidentally on Fissure of Woe.

#30 Posted by D_W (1179 posts) -

..also I should probably ask. Where's Lion's Arch and how does one get to it?

#31 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@D_W: I asked in Guild chat earlier if anyone still wanted to come, but no-one responded :( I had to give up at a quarter past. Also, we had like nearly 20 guild members online, and only 3 of us were in Mumble, which was a real shame.

#32 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Glad I didn't miss anything. I went on mumble a few times earlier, but I always feel awkward starting a conversation in a chat room like that.

#33 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@Maystack: I agree, but when there's a bunch of duders in Mumble it's really good. I had a fantastic time in the Aussies Rule lobby with selfconfessedcynic and Tarkhein on Saturday, just need enough duders to find some who want to do the same stuff as you and party up.

Shame this didn't kick off though, still. Woulda been good to get the guild together. It'd be so sweet to do WvW or just roam the environment for dynamic events/dungeons with like 10+ Lincoln Force members.

#34 Edited by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: Yeah I did some WvW with a couple of duders on mumble this morning and it was great fun. Coordinated WvW seems like it'd be a blast.

#35 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3387 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@D_W: I asked in Guild chat earlier if anyone still wanted to come, but no-one responded :( I had to give up at a quarter past. Also, we had like nearly 20 guild members online, and only 3 of us were in Mumble, which was a real shame.

Sorry about that, dude. My guild chat was broken all day, so I saw your question but couldn't respond.

#36 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Sorry about that, dude. My guild chat was broken all day, so I saw your question but couldn't respond.

Ah don't worry! I had that bug for a while too, it's cool.

@Maystack said:

@Chavtheworld: Yeah I did some WvW with a couple of duders on mumble this morning and it was great fun. Coordinated WvW seems like it'd be a blast.

I was really hoping to do that on Sunday! Did you play with Cynic? He said he did a bunch of WvW (like 4 hours) with guildies, but when I was on (most of UK time 12-8 Sunday) Mumble had at most 4 dudes, me and Albino were talking and Benny was listening (I did end up partying with him), but that was it.

#37 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: Yeah it was me, Cynic, and another duder who I feel really bad that I don't remember who.

I think you probably missed us by an hour or so.

#38 Posted by Bollard (5662 posts) -

@Maystack: Was it Tarkhein? That was the duder who was with Cynic when I joined them. And dayum! Next BWE for sure!

#39 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: I don't think so. The character name was something Soulweaver.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.