System requirements question

#1 Posted by Fillem (35 posts) -

I dusted off my old laptop to see if I could play GW2, because I would like to get in on the fun.

Heading to the systemrequirements.com site made me happy because everything is way in the green, thing is, the processor speed there is empty. My CPU is 2.2 Ghz, listing on the GW2 site has the minimum CPU speed on 2.0 Ghz. So a minimal yay.

How much would this effect. well, basically everything? I wouldn't like playing on low settings.

Can't post my current specs cause I'm writing this on my GF's Imac, but everything else passed the test pretty well it seemed.

#2 Posted by believer258 (11897 posts) -

What exactly is your processor? And are you sure the graphics card passed? Most laptops have onboard chips in them which aren't very good for gaming.

#3 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Just a heads up, but the systemrequirements site isn't trustworthy at all. ArenaNet are pretty good at optimising their games, so you could probably play on low settings if you pass the minimum.

#4 Posted by Fillem (35 posts) -

Thanks for the replies, if any people in the know could give me heads up if, with this laptop, I can play on something like medium or so, let me know :)

AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82 (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

4096MB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3850

Thanks in advance. Otherwise I'm just gonna stick to my PS3 and Ipad gaming :)

#5 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@Fillem said:

Thanks for the replies, if any people in the know could give me heads up if, with this laptop, I can play on something like medium or so, let me know :)

AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82 (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

4096MB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3850

Thanks in advance. Otherwise I'm just gonna stick to my PS3 and Ipad gaming :)

You definitely meet the official minimum requirements.

- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better

- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better

- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

- 25 GB available HDD space

- Broadband Internet connection

- Keyboard and mouse

I'm not sure if you will be able to run it on medium though as both your GPU and CPU are a bit dated.

#6 Posted by Fillem (35 posts) -

Thanks.

Guess I'll wait for a demo/trial version then (if there ever will be one).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.