The Lincolncast, Episode 12: Endgame
For those who don't know, this is the Giant Bomb community's Guild Wars 2 podcast (made by our guild, Lincoln Force). This week is a news heavy edition with plenty of announcements to talk about. We cover the playable races, vistas and PvE difficulty changes then cap off with a main discussion regarding what we now know about the endgame of GW2 . Oh, and we’re doing it live later this week (see the notes below).
Also, subscribe to the show!
Streaming Embed (audio only):
Intro music: "The Pentagon" by The Hamster Alliance
Featured Members:, , , ,
Run time: 2:37:45
Topics for the week:
- We skip what we’ve been playing and launch right into last week’s Asura and Sylvari announcement, speculating as to whether they will wipe our existing characters.
- A general consensus is reached: We want the splash screen back (and chroma-hashes).
- Vistas seem cool.
- Early game has seen some changes, and we examine whether that is a good thing or not.
- Our main discussion kicks off – The End Game in Guild Wars 2 - with talk of how the game surprisingly does not end when you hit lvl 80.
- I really want a legendary rifle.
- 25 Dungeon Paths is smart marketing, but the 8 explorables still sound like hella fun.
- Meet me in the hidden cave at the full moon’s zenith. I’ll be there waiting for recipes.
- The structure of Orr (the final area) has been revealed and our reactions may surprise you.
- We announce our live show coming this week – Join us on twitch.tv/Dourin on Friday, at 9pm US Eastern (assuming you’re not futzing around in the beta).
- After the show we sit down and finally chat about what we’ve been playing along with some off-the-wall discussions about the gaming industry and its jargon.
- Be there for the live show on Friday 20 July, 9pm US Eastern! (at Dourin’s twitch.tv channel below)
- Check out Dourin's gaming coverage at twitch.tv/Dourin
- Shinboy also has a pretty nifty website at www.plugandplaygaming.com
Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - TheLincolncast@gmail.com or @TheLincolncast on Twitter.
Direct Download (higher quality):
None! I've found a new method of compressing the regular file (and have bumped it up from 64kb/s to 96kb/s) - so check it out and tell me how it sounds.
Mobile Site (for streaming):