The Lincolncast Episode 48: Sea of Ups and Downs

#1 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2561 posts) -

The Lincolncast Episode 48: Sea of Ups and Downs

(GW2 talk continues untill 57mins) Trying out another new format this week where we hit all the Guild Wars 2 stuff up front! Firstly, that Sea of Sorrows book is coming out, though I am personally apprehensive about the whole thing. End-of-June updates are the main focus, however, including the new dynamic event scaling system, updates coming to Orr, the custom arena roll-out, Sky Pirates and more! After the 57-min-mark we hit up what we've been playing including Remember Me and The Last of Us before finishing off the show with some thoughts about Microsoft's massive policy changes.

Subscribe to the show!

iTunes | RSS

Show Notes

Music: "Super Adventure Box: Main Theme" by Maclaine Diemer & Leif Chappelle, "Narumi Detective Agency" by ATLUSxP5

Featured Members: @thurbleton, @selfconfessedcynic , @squiddel

Run time: 02:46:36

Topics for the week:

• Sea of Sorrows may or may not continue in the tradition of the other GW2 novels
  • Orr is seeing some changes - but the new dynamic event scaling system actually has us excited!
  • Fractal news!
  • Custom Arenas are finally coming out of Beta!
  • The new condition sounds awesome!
  • Sky Pirates...!
  • After 57 mins, we hit off topic.
  • Planet Side 2 and Remember Me both seem cool
  • I shout superlatives about The Last of Us
  • Mad Max isn't Australian!?
  • Xbox 180. I like the new meme and it's SO perfect right now.

Plugs!

Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - TheLincolncast@gmail.com or @TheLincolncast on Twitter

Subscription:

iTunes | RSS

Direct Download:

Podbean Direct Download

#2 Posted by shinboy630 (1139 posts) -

UPDATE: after 3 chapters, Sea of Sorrows is...just ok! Stay tuned!

#3 Edited by pay928 (26 posts) -

@shinboy630: How would you rate it in terms of the other 2 books?

#4 Edited by shinboy630 (1139 posts) -

@pay928: Dunno, not far enough in to really pass judgement. Ree certainly does like her obscure adjectives, though!

#5 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2561 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

UPDATE: after 3 chapters, Sea of Sorrows is...just ok! Stay tuned!

I'm still shocked you're reading that thing. Then again, someone has to be there to write a review.

What I'm saying is you're a hero.

#6 Posted by pay928 (26 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.