The Lincolncast Episode 5: Leaks!

#1 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2505 posts) -

The Lincolncast Episode 5: Leaks!

Hey guys!

For those who don't know, this is the Giant Bomb community's Guild Wars 2 podcast (made by our guild, Lincoln Force). This week, we're talking about the recently leaked patch notes for the closed beta - you can read them at http://i.imgur.com/mYBht.png

Also, subscribe to the show!

iTunes | RSS

Streaming Embed (audio only):

Show Notes

Music: "The Pentagon" by The Hamster Alliance

Featured Members: , , ,

Run time: 1:36:26

Topics:

• We can now shout bunny advice to those interested
  • I no longer have to click the skill bar (probably)
  • Interface changes could fix some combat issues
  • WvW(vW) gets more awesome
  • "Imperialist England" is unlikely to be recreated in GW2
  • ... and a whole bunch of others

Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - TheLincolncast@gmail.com or @TheLincolncast on Twitter

Subscription:

iTunes | RSS

Direct Download:

Podbean Direct Download

Direct Download (higher quality alternative):

Uploading.com Download

Mobile Site (for streaming):

Hosted by Podbean

#2 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3254 posts) -

A couple of notes about what I remember from the podcast (I should really write this stuff as I listen): 

• removing the gold cost from WvW porting only eliminates the barrier for low-level players to stay in that mode, since higher levels would find the cost trivial
  • one of the unrevealed sPvP maps is essentially GvG, with bases, NPC guards, instant-win lord ganks, and everything
  • I have a bunch of superfluous stuff on my GW1 account, if you guys need something specific for HoM or just need help with whatever, friend me (IGN: Angelic Vampyre)
#3 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

A couple of notes about what I remember from the podcast (I should really write this stuff as I listen):
  • removing the gold cost from WvW porting only eliminates the barrier for low-level players to stay in that mode, since higher levels would find the cost trivial
  • one of the unrevealed sPvP maps is essentially GvG, with bases, NPC guards, instant-win lord ganks, and everything
  • I have a bunch of superfluous stuff on my GW1 account, if you guys need something specific for HoM or just need help with whatever, friend me (IGN: Angelic Vampyre)

I LOVE YOU

#4 Posted by RobbieMac (534 posts) -
@Dark_Lord_Spam said:
I might take you up on that offer.  I want to see if I can max my HoM out so I might see if you can help me do some things.
#5 Posted by Maystack (904 posts) -

I just need a rare minipet to get 30 points in HoM, but I still have a few characters who have birthdays coming up. When it gets to the week before release and I need that last point, I'll start desperately asking people for help :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.