Giant Bomb Guild Rules
Currently, the guild ruleset is a work in progress. We are definitely open to opinions and suggestions. Oh, and for any wondering, you can find out more about the guild here.
These are acts which can result in an instant expulsion from the guild. Obviously, we'd prefer to be given proof before taking this action, but in some cases that is really hard and we acknowledge this. Currently (this is very much subject to change), we'll be operating on a kick first, ask questions later approach for these offences.
- Blatant Griefing
- err, not the thief skill
- Exploiting Guild Storage
- Requisitioning Private Information
- (possibly more as game mechanics which are open to abuse are found + suggestions, obviously)
Two Strike Offences
These generally include things to do with behaviour. On the first offence, you'll be given a stern talking-to. On the second, you're gone. Again, this is subject to change.
These offences (if not caught in the act by a leader / officer) are only acted upon if the affected party reports the offence, though this is not necessarily the person who was targeted. Witnesses are preferable. Note, this allowance is because we can't read minds and can't tell in some cases whether a comment was done in jest or was simply abusive - it's up to you guys as individuals to decide whether to report something.
- Sexist Comments
- girls, boys and in-betweens are all accepted, and those who disagree can be damned. (I put this here to be very clear - I am personally very strict about this one)
- Other Discriminatory Language
- Racism, Ageism, etc.
- Hateful Language & Extensive Verbal Abuse
These can be reported by private messaging us here or, assumably, in game.
Also known as the "dude, take a fucking joke" category.
- General Tomfoolery
The Cool Baby Concordat
These additional rules are absolutely not optional at all. No, really.
By joining the Giant Bomb GW2 Guild, one also agrees to...
- Wear a top hat in game at all times (Top hats not provided. Alternative headwear is acceptable, providing they similarly exhibit an inborn sense of taste.)
- Participate in drinking games during guild events.
- Join any /dance party conducted in a guild-owned area, for as long as you are physically or mentally able.
- (Additional suggestions welcome)