This is just idiotic

• 55 results
#1 Edited by Rohok (553 posts) -

So arena.net locks down purchases on their website, so I head over to Gamestop to pick myself up a copy, I pre-purchase and everything to get the 3 day headstart- don't even give a fuck about beta- and apparently nobody is handing out 3 day headstart codes anymore because of whatever moronic reason.

Looks like I won't be buying Guild Wars 2, full refund here I come. 1 day headstart code isn't even worth a pre-purchase.

Not to mention this isn't announced ANYWHERE that anyone looks regularly, if anywhere at all, so you throw down a shit load of money and waste your time and gas getting to the store to get it, and then you find out they're not doing it anymore.

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Seems like a logical reason to not buy a game.

#3 Posted by Rohok (553 posts) -

It's a logical reason to wait until the price comes down. 64.79 is way too many dollars to be dicking about with.

#4 Posted by SuperSambo (2853 posts) -

As someone who is likely to end up playing Guild Wars 2, I am glad that I shall not meet you there.

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Wow guys, dickmode engaged? Holy hell.

#6 Posted by SuperSambo (2853 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Wow guys, dickmode engaged? Holy hell.

I know what you mean, Rohok did go over the top didn't he.

#7 Posted by Rohok (553 posts) -

I'm sorry, I take the time to research my game, take my time to buy it, wait until my friends can give me a critique on it, and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase I find out they're no longer giving out any of the bonuses for pre-purchasing?

I have a right to be angry over this. 64 dollars is a LOT of money. You know how many hours it takes to earn that much? No, probably not because none of you are old enough to work yet.

#8 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

Maybe play the game when it comes out instead of three days earlier?

#9 Posted by Rohok (553 posts) -

It's the idea that they're not giving me what's advertised. I'll wait until the game is 30 dollars instead of paying 64 outright for bonuses they failed to inform me are discontinued.

#10 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I am really excited for Darksiders 2 but if I can't play it 3 days early then FUCK that game. It doesn't matter how excited I am if I can't play it early then it is a shit game and not worth playing at all. Stupid Darksiders.

#11 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2089 posts) -

I started GW1 a whole year after release, and it didn't spoil my fun. I'm buying the bog standard regular edition when it is released, no qualms there.

#12 Posted by crazyleaves (640 posts) -
@Rohok

I'm sorry, I take the time to research my game, take my time to buy it, wait until my friends can give me a critique on it, and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase I find out they're no longer giving out any of the bonuses for pre-purchasing?

I have a right to be angry over this. 64 dollars is a LOT of money. You know how many hours it takes to earn that much? No, probably not because none of you are old enough to work yet.

My wife works about 3 hours to make that.
#13 Posted by Dezztroy (776 posts) -
@Rohok: You clearly didn't take the time to research it enough if you were too lazy to give Gamestop a call and ask them before driving down there.

Also, americans complaining about high prices makes me laugh.
#14 Edited by SuperSambo (2853 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

@Rohok

6 hours and you have made it on the minimum wage (in the UK at least), but then you have to factor in taxes...

#15 Posted by Brendan (7696 posts) -

I am busting a gut laughing right now. Seriously funny thread all around.

#16 Posted by fullmetal5550 (345 posts) -
@Rohok said:

Was there really a need to post about it on here though? So they aren't giving out the 3 day head start anymore. That doesn't really warrant a forum post.
#17 Posted by crazyleaves (640 posts) -
@SuperSambo

@crazyleaves said:

@Rohok

6 hours and you have made it on the minimum wage (in the UK at least)

Just did the math, 2.2 hours worked til GW2 failure, before taxes.
#18 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Even if your making minimum wage which is 7.25 then thats like what a days work.

EDIT: Im assuming your American, I mean, you aren't exactly being subtle about it.

#19 Posted by Kri0s (83 posts) -

@Rohok: No disrespect but I think if you are raging over something like not being informed ahead of time that you missed out on pre-purchase bonuses b/c as you said ", take my time to buy it, wait until my friends can give me a critique on it, and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase" you missed out on the bonuses , you may have bigger issues to worry about.

#20 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Rohok said:

64 dollars is a LOT of money. You know how many hours it takes to earn that much? No, probably not because none of you are old enough to work yet.

It takes me 4 hours. Get fucked with your generalisations tough guy! ;)

#21 Posted by Nate_is_my_fake_name (133 posts) -

So apparently the ability to play this game a full three days early is worth half of the price of the game to the OP. That's fine; we all choose how to spend our own money.

My wife and I are enjoying the beta weekend so far, though, and we are going to be pre-purchasing tomorrow night.

#22 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

This was a good one hahah

#23 Posted by Trace (3550 posts) -

Cool down, people. There's no need to sling personal attacks at one another, even in the midst of what could be perceived as a strange logical gap.

I've deleted a few posts that were blatantly out of line. I'd rather not have to resort to warnings and the such, so I'll just say this and hope you listen: Simmer down, y'all.

#24 Edited by Jace (1092 posts) -

@Rohok said:

So your logic was to throw all of that out of the window if you got to play it 4 days sooner? Nice.

#25 Posted by Nate_is_my_fake_name (133 posts) -

I'm curious as to whether or not GameStop was ever handing out early access. As far as I can tell, this was only ever offered on the official website.

#26 Posted by Bistromath (591 posts) -

Haha! Video Games!

#27 Posted by Baillie (4039 posts) -
@PsEG: GO BACK TO YOUR DUMB RACING GAMES BRO.
#28 Posted by aurahack (2264 posts) -

Fuck, because it's impossible to accomplish shit in three days that would pass the time until a game's release.

#29 Posted by arch4non (443 posts) -

Servers aren't as simple to set up as flipping a switch. A lot of people, myself included, are mostly interested in GW2 because of the TERA beta. There were probably more sales than they planned for so they had to temporarily stop selling pre-orders just so the current beta servers wouldn't be completely flooded with players.

#30 Posted by Xeirus (1293 posts) -

Not sure what you expect for an MMO at launch time.

But making an ass out of yourself made my day better so thanks I guess.

#31 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5807 posts) -

That's a dumb reason not to buy a game you want

#32 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (570 posts) -

You're better off, I have barely slept since the beta-servers came online. I'm telling you, when I close my eyes to Pink Floyd, I'm seeing female Charr belly-dancers traipsing through a neon-lit hallway.

By the way, I just want to make a point, I came in here, read the first three posts and ignored the rest of it and I'm sure I'm better off for it! But hey, great game.. Really great game, just need to deal with these images. Perhaps there are pills.

#33 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

@Rohok: Sigh. The internet is so dramatic sometimes. Wait for this beta event to end and they'll open up the digital pre-purchases. Guarantee it. They just don't want unexpected swaths of players jumping into the fray with unprepared server architecture.

#34 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3163 posts) -

@Rohok: Everything else aside, I have a minor correction. The 1-day headstart requires only a pre-order, not a full pre-purchase.

#35 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7054 posts) -

@Rohok said:

4 hours of work for me. Get fucked.

#36 Edited by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Rohok said:

I can make more than that in one hour. But hey, who's counting?

#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7054 posts) -

@BigChickenDinner said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Rohok said:

Man, you make more than a 20 year old in college? Shit bro. You must be a billionaire.

#38 Posted by Grillbar (1798 posts) -

@Rohok said:

1½ hours after taxes and i pay 42% tax, i dont have a high end job and a xbox/ps3 game cost roughly 101 dollars. stop your raging and bitching.

also amazon gives the codes out.

and if your putting dollar to hours played you pay 60 for a 6-8 hour game you pay 64 for a game that you easily can put 100-200 hours in.

its normal to be able to pre-order something that does not have a release date yet

so dont get so butthurt just because you diddent bother getting informed before you jumped out in to this

no disrespect and stfu with stupid generalizations

#39 Posted by Bocam (3674 posts) -

Wait, so you can't pre-purchase it on the game's website now? Now where am I going to spend this 64 dollars I made in an hour and a half.

#40 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

Pre-purchase sales on their website are restarting after this BWE.

#41 Posted by ImHungry (376 posts) -

Yep, I don't work. And as such, I don't actually have an avenue of extra income, and thus would need to starve myself for 2 weeks to save up 64 dollars. That's 14 days. And you're telling me that you earn that in hours? Tell me again how I don't understand the value of money?

#42 Posted by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

They have opened more server slots so if you pre-order now you can get onto the head-start events.

#43 Posted by SuperSambo (2853 posts) -

@BigChickenDinner said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Rohok said:

Classy

#44 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -
@Rohok

About 2 for me. It's not that much to get so upset over an early access thing, it's an mmo unless you are trying to be the first to level up to cap (clearly you can't being you work and all) it's not so major. Pre-order bonuses are bogus and them abandoning it is a good thing.
#45 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

my bro works at arenanet and he said that they saw your post and that they're gonna fix it just for you in like ten minutes

#46 Posted by vikingdeath1 (931 posts) -

@Brendan: I agree! i'm only sad this isn't longer!

#47 Posted by Nate_is_my_fake_name (133 posts) -

@Rohok: To the OP: ArenaNet started offering codes on their website again this morning. As of this post (3:15 PM EST), they are still available.

#48 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

@Rohok said:

I'm sorry, I take the time to research my game..........and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase I find out they're no longer giving out any of the bonuses for pre-purchasing?

Obviously, you didn't take enough time to research the game, now did you?

#49 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

I won't be buying Guild Wars for awhile, but I do not understand what you're complaining about. You're going to not purchase the game because you can't play it early? Also because the purchase is locked to their site?

I mean, is this where the mindset of gamers has gone? Everyone swears that if it's not on Steam then it's bullshit. Last time I checked every MMO is locked to their publishers service. World of Warcraft with Battle.net, The Old Republic with Bioware, and Everquest with Sony Online.

#50 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

You can pre-purchase it again now. /thread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.