TotalBiscuit Beta Footage

#1 Edited by UssjTrunks (533 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8-9VEvAmFg&feature=youtu.be

What I found interesting was his bubbling praise of the dynamic questing system. He goes on and on about how much better GW2 PvE is than other MMOs which was awesome to hear.

It is technically a thief video, but the overall game commentary will be interesting for anyone to hear.

#2 Posted by kindone (2843 posts) -

Yeah, Totalbiscuit is the reason I got into watching Youtube in the first place. I was still in the belief that only retards with cameras put videos up, but it's actually a great source. Anyone who likes witty commentary and great information should tune in on Totalbiscuit.

#3 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

So excited for this game.

#4 Posted by shinboy630 (1194 posts) -

I love watching TotalBiscuit's videos, and the fact that the GW2 coverage he has this time around is actually of him playing just makes it that much better.

#5 Edited by UssjTrunks (533 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

I love watching TotalBiscuit's videos, and the fact that the GW2 coverage he has this time around is actually of him playing just makes it that much better.

It really shows how excited he is about the game. That in turn makes us excited as well. :P

#6 Edited by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Just watched this right here...

...his excitement is palpabel, and I definitely see how things are coming together perfectly - just how I imagined it would. ArenaNet is crazy awesome. I remember stumbling over the first GW1 preview weekend, getting a code, installing a 300KB client and starting to play a gorgeous looking game within 5 minutes of finding out it exists. Consequently going strong for 48+ hours of straight gameplay, be likely the first player in the world to collect the 'Gash' sword skill of a mob, and dominate the tournament of Kings for a whole night with it - until some Korean team figured me out. Was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life, and damn if ArenaNet is not going to double down with Guild Wars 2.

MMOs are dead! Long live MMOs!

#7 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

The Americans!

#8 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Love it! I don't know if I still have it in me to invest myself in an MMO of any sort, but for GW2 I'll definitely try!

#9 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Wow, Total Biscuit sounds like he's really excited about this game. Means good things.

#10 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Did you know TB knows a lot about GiantBomb and really likes it?

I didn't until yesterday

#11 Posted by Lukeweizer (2771 posts) -

I'm just commenting so I can easily find this thread in my activity feed and watch the video later. Carry on.

#12 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

TotalBiscuit is the best. Love the guy

#13 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
#14 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3481 posts) -

While I generally think there's merit to the points TB makes, his problem with the x/5 indicator in the devourer event struck me as a little irrational. It seems to me to be just a matter of convenience. That said, CHARRZOOKA!

#15 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

There is absolutely nothing that I do not like about this game.  GW2 is the MMO I've always longed for.

#16 Posted by Evilsbane (4749 posts) -

I want to crush this game up and snort it like a drug crazed maniac, cannot wait for release!

#17 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

I've been waiting for this game for 5 years. I wish I could go in to it fresh but the great content that is coming from TB and Yogcast about the beta makes it impossible to resist!

#18 Posted by Grixxel (773 posts) -

Thank you for posting this, this game is making all all hot and bothered.

#19 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -
@Dark_Lord_Spam: I think the problem with randomization like he suggested is that people like to know how much further/longer they must go.  Sure that element of surprise can be nice but I just think people prefer to see the target and the gradual progression towards that target.
#20 Posted by Three0neFive (2305 posts) -

You know, I was actually really excited for this game before I tried the Tera beta. Now I'm not sure I can go back to static, hotkey-based combat - it just seems so archaic. :/

#21 Posted by Adamsons (873 posts) -

Still looking good.

I hope Anet manage to address a lot of the issues folks have been raising with regards to beta.

#22 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3481 posts) -
@RobbieMac said:
@Dark_Lord_Spam: I think the problem with randomization like he suggested is that people like to know how much further/longer they must go.  Sure that element of surprise can be nice but I just think people prefer to see the target and the gradual progression towards that target.
I guess that theoretically they could hide that stuff a little more by using the progression bar they have for some of the other events, but that seems almost unnecessarily obfuscated. If it will assist people's "immersion", though, I suppose I'd be fine with it.
#23 Posted by Raios (52 posts) -

I think that video just about has me sold on the game. I told myself after 5 years of WoW that I was done with MMOs, but man this looks like a really awesome evolution of the formula. I still want to get an idea of what the end-game will be like, but it looks like it may be worth playing just for this type of stuff.

#24 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@Raios: Yeah I can blow up tree stumps in this game, I couldn't in The Old Republic.

#25 Posted by RobbieMac (535 posts) -
@Dark_Lord_Spam: I know what you mean.  Like TB said if they are going as far to completely redesign the idea of quests why not completely change that formula by removing this progression feature.  Though at this point I just don't know if the MMO community is ready for such a drastic change.
#26 Posted by Bankrotas (46 posts) -

TB's sincerity does move my heart to play Guild Wars 2. However I really hate how addictive his GW2 beta videos have become for me :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.