Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Unveiling Our New Guild Mumble Server!

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By No0b0rAmA

THATS RIGHT! We Have Our Own Mumble Server!

HELLO FRIENDS!

Thanks to our gracious host we now have our very own Lincoln Force Mumble Server!

We'll be using this as our primary means of voice communication from now on, and we'll be on here during this Beta Weekend Event! Come join and hangout with your favourite Guild Wars 2 buddies while playing your favourite game, Guild Wars 2.

HOW JOIN THIS MUMBLE SERVER?

To hop on and chat using the magic of VOIP, download the mumble client here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Once you've installed it, press the "add new" button on the bottom right and enter this address:

IP: straylight.nl

Port: 64738

And Huzzah! You've now connected! (After you press the save button and connect to the server)

If you join the server and it's completely desolate, we're probably at the Giant Bomb Gaming Hub Mumble Server, where we have our very own Guild Wars 2 lounge and hang out to play other games. I for one will be on there basically 24 hours a day.

I look forward to seeing and hearing all of your savoury voices on either of the mumble servers!

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SamStrife

Look forward to talking to you all :)

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maystack

I already had it saved when I tested it out with cynic for like five minute once, but it'll be nice to actually see people in it. I've been a bit busy lately so haven't had a chance to get on mumble or anything, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to during the BWE either.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By No0b0rAmA

@Maystack: FOOL! IT IS YOUR DUTY TO IDLE ON MUMBLE AND GREET PLAYERS 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maystack

@No0b0rAmA: Maybe that's the canadian politeness in you forcing you to greet everyone :P

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BrainSonata

When I get the game I'll be sure to pop in.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Giefcookie

Is it only for Lincoln Force members or Giant Bombers just playing GW2 like me? Not that I actually own a mic.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dourin

@No0b0rAmA: This is what happens when you push a Canadian over the edge. Full on, brutal, unadulterated niceness all up in your face.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Subjugation

@Giefcookie said:

Is it only for Lincoln Force members or Giant Bombers just playing GW2 like me? Not that I actually own a mic.

While I'm not in charge of the server, nor am I privy to the rules, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say absolutely.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Giefcookie said:

If you're going to "hang out with the guild," you should also hang out with the guild. :P
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By RobbieMac

@No0b0rAmA: I am idling, now just to wait.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, I'll make sure to add the server to my Mumble thingy.

EDIT: Woah, my ping is 111. That shouldn't matter too much, right?

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maystack
    @insane_shadowblade85 I think that was around the same as my ping for the regular GB server, so you should be fine.
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Giefcookie said:

My policy on this server (as I helped organise it with the illustrious so I'm kindof the defacto all-powerful-duder for this server) is below;

• Absolutely anyone who plays Guild Wars 2 is more than welcome to join the server and play with / talk with us
    • However, as this is a private server being run for us, we will not be hosting channels for other guilds to do their own thing
    • Finally, those participating in larger scale guild events (like WvW runs above 10 people or so) should join us before participating so we can gain influence for the activity.

I believe my restrictions above are fair.

Oh, and of course, if by hanging out with us on here and have a sudden urge to join us, you're more than welcome : )

(always remember that you can join multiple guilds at any time for any of your characters)

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By llamaegg

I'll be on somewhere right before release, unless the release gets moved forward...then I'll be on afterwords. BUT WHATEVER. Gonna get in a good two, two and a half hours of gameplay before going to work (and hopefully leaving work early if everything works out), and obviously I want to be chatting to all the duders the full time!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.