Weekend Beta Leaks

#1 Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam (2960 posts) -

Some things are inevitable, and beta leaks are apparently one of them. Despite my stance on the subject (that it's incredibly disrespectful), since the info is out there we might as well have a look-see.

Here are the images that have been pushed out so far:

Revamped trait system for necromancers

Body-type comparison (norn)

PvP lobby

If I'm reading this correctly, the game is currently around 14gb in size

We can only hope there's also a Rune of the Ninja

How long after release until we see norn Santas?

WvW map; leaker says the home maps won't be duplicates once ArenaNet solves bandwidth issues

IMPORTANT: The GPU reqs I posted earlier were evidently fan-made, and not official in any capacity.

Martin Kerstein on the durability mechanic

I'll try to keep this updated until tomorrow, when it will immediately be irrelevant.
#2 Posted by TheHT (10281 posts) -
@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

That looks awesome!
#3 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Yeah the mesmer greatsword shot is pretty badass. I wonder what that elite is, mesmer elites are yet to be revealed iirc?

Edit: im glad that they're introducing runes that have more interesting bonuses. I guess they work like set bonuses?

Looks like depending on traits / runes / armor etc there should be a decent amount of customization for each class.

#4 Posted by Maystack (898 posts) -

Giant mesmer sword = awesome.

Also, from the third and the penultimate pictures, the emotes look promising.

#5 Posted by Sweep (8541 posts) -

Is this actually considered leaked? Almost all of this info/gameplay is available on youtube from events such as GDC and Eurogamer, where I played it last year. The only stuff here that raised an eyebrow was the talent "trait" screen, which I haven't seen, and the size of the game: a speculative 14gb.

As for all the character creation stuff, and the armour customization, that's all known quantities as this point. What's the fuss?

#6 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

The norn mountain screenshot is really nice, especially since we can apparently climb all the way up there :) And yeah, the mesmer's are pretty darn cool now.

I'm really looking forward to the flux of info coming tomorrow, although I don't want too much spoiled. Hopefully I can at least see how the character creation has come along since the trade show demo's.

#7 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2960 posts) -
@Sweep said:

Is this actually considered leaked? Almost all of this info/gameplay is available on youtube from events such as GDC and Eurogamer, where I played it last year. The only stuff here that raised an eyebrow was the talent "trait" screen, which I haven't seen, and the size of the game: a speculative 14gb.

As for all the character creation stuff, and the armour customization, that's all known quantities as this point. What's the fuss?

I imagine that for safety's sake ArenaNet wrote the NDA as something along the lines of "don't talk about a single god-damn thing."
#8 Edited by Sweep (8541 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Sweep said:

I imagine that for safety's sake ArenaNet wrote the NDA as something along the lines of "don't talk about a single god-damn thing."

No but I mean this stuff has all been in the public domain for months and there hasn't been any issue with it - And that was video, not screenshots. The point I'm trying to make is that none of this is new, so what's the point of leaking it?

#9 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2960 posts) -
@Sweep: I think most of the pics are from 4chan, so it probably has to do with deep solipsism.
#10 Posted by Sweep (8541 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Haha, fair enough.

#11 Posted by Lotus (204 posts) -

Shit its gonna get real... real soon son.

Also yay, i can play in high spec, maybe ultra with out shadows.

#12 Posted by shinboy630 (1117 posts) -

Cant wait to get a full set of Runes of the Pirate! Also, even though the art style is very different a lot of these screens reminded me of GW1, in a good way.

#13 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

Man, I cant wait until we get more info on the new attributes and traits systems - and PvP in general.

So far though, the pics ARE pretty...

I wonder how fat an asura can get.

#14 Edited by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

If that chart is reputable then it looks like I'll be on ultra. That makes me unbelievably happy. The game is gorgeous.

I have to ask though, what was the purpose of "leaking" a bunch of screens the day before the NDA is up? I don't really understand.

@Maystack said:

Also, from the third and the penultimate pictures, the emotes look promising.

Have to agree with this. We all know that the quality of the emotes is practically a pillar of MMOs, right? If my /taunt isn't genuinely offensive then I will be disappointed.

Well, hopefully Monday is filled with a glut of information, specifically about the Mesmer. I'm practically writhing in anticipation.

Edit: I forgot to mention, @Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@Sweep: I think most of the pics are from 4chan, so it probably has to do with deep solipsism.

You totally taught a new word to me today, haha. We haven't covered that in philosophy yet.

#15 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

The leaks are a little strange, considering the NDA is lifted today and nothing of any worth was leaked.

But the majority of people in the beta currently are the press, so I'd guess they just didn't want to really get in trouble. The repair system is the only new info we've really got so far.

There's just 4 hours to go now though!

#16 Posted by Maystack (898 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

Man, I cant wait until we get more info on the new attributes and traits systems - and PvP in general.

So far though, the pics ARE pretty...

I wonder how fat an asura can get.

Oh man, a fat asura would be hilarious.

#17 Posted by wigg (51 posts) -

I'm not sure its a leak, this weekend journalist have been given access with no restrictions on information. Totalhalibuts channel on youtube stated that they would be playing non stop over the weekend for as much coverage and information as they could possibly get, and they said prior that there wasnt an NDA on this weekends beta access.

#18 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2960 posts) -
@wigg: There is an NDA on the beta, however certain press outlets will have the embargo lifted on very specific portions of the game at 6:00am PST. Long story short: yes, this was a leak.
#19 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

Looks hot with the HUD off.

#20 Edited by Troncek (254 posts) -

Did any GB staffer play at the press beta?

#21 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2960 posts) -
@Troncek: There's no telling, but it doesn't look likely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.