Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

What class is the most self-sufficient?

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I plan to do most content alone, but I will do some grouping. I just want be able to play alone when I want. I'll try to convince my friends to play if I love it. So which is sufficient?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All of them.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

PvE is pretty easy as long as you stay around the levels it tells you to.

The world bosses are quite harder though, you'll need a gang of people for that.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm surprised noone said "Guardian and Elementalist" then walked out the door.

I agree with the above posters - all of them are if you play intelligently, though I'd say the classes with higher health pools or more self healing (warrior, guardian, necromancer, ele) generally give you an easier time of it. Oh, and there's Mesmer, but they survive differently than other classes.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Capum15
    @canteu said:

All of them.

Pretty much this. I've spent a good amount of time with a Necromancer and Elementalist (level 80 and 60 respectively), but also found Guardian, Engineer and Ranger pretty good with the small amount of time I tried with them.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By project343

Guardian. Bar none, Guardian. It's facerollingly easy. Because free passives are AWESOME.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @selfconfessedcynic said:

I'm surprised noone said "Guardian and Elementalist" then walked out the door.

Guardian and elementalist.

/walksout

/walksbackin

Also necro, and warrior to a certain extent. As has been said, though, as long as you toss some points into vitality and toughness (and play smart), anything in PvE besides dungeons won't present too much trouble for you.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardian because of all those passive health buffs you get. But you can solo the content with any of the classes.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By fox01313

Just play each until lvl20 or so to find what you have fun playing, they're all rather balanced for doing stuff alone or jumping in groups. Really depends alot on if you like ranged or melee & go from there. For me I found that I preferred the necromancer, mesmer, thief & guardian the most out of all the classes.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@fox01313 said:

Really depends alot on if you like ranged or melee & go from there.

I wouldn't say that, so much as "what archetype do you enjoy?"Every profession - save the engineer - has viable options for range and melee. The biggest variations are maximum and minimum distance for ranged weapons in particular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.