Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

What do you want to see for our Thursday night weekly event instead of WvW?

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you want to see for our Thursday night weekly event instead of WvW? (22 votes)

Guild Missions! I always miss out on the Saturday missions! 41%
    Random PvE shennanigans! Events and stuff! 77%
    Structured PvP, thats my JAM; pew pew explosions! 14%
    I really like the WvW and don't think its boring like Thurb, lets keep doing that! 9%

So recapping the past few weeks I've slacked off and haven't done a Thurbsday Night Throwdown (not my idea for the name but its caught on...)

For letting those expecting it out in the dark I apologize on my absence. After logging around 1,400 hours in this game saying parts of it are beginning to burn me out is an understatement and I've spent a long time in World vs World.

Add that to the lousy turnouts I'd see when we would do it and general guild feedback about WvW in general (plus some real life distractions) resulted in me putting GW2 TNT on haitus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still interested in hosting a weekly event Thursday nights but want to get an idea from the guild about what you guys wanna see and do. The time I'm able to host is usually 5-8PM PST (same as Server Time for Yaks Bend). Going any later then that isn't an option as my current schedule has me needing to get up at 2 AM (so 5-6 hours of sleep)

So If you are interested in doing something in that time frame please put something down in the polls to give me an idea about what a new weekly event should be (post in the thread too if you wanna suggest something specific). If there's a solid turnout of folks ready every week then you can bet I will be too but if its just 1-2 people or it builds up an hour later and keeps going strong after I log them maybe someone else should run it.

• 
    shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Guild missions should be included regardless IMO. Maybe not ALL of them like on saturday, but at least something like a training bounty and a trek, because those do not require as large of a turnout. As for the other thing, I suppose the poll results will determine that.

TrueMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fractals (high levels or low), Dungeons, PvE (runaround, events, or map completion), and Guild Missions are all things I would show up and do.

--AnotherByte in GW2

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fractals (high levels or low), Dungeons, PvE (runaround, events, or map completion), and Guild Missions are all things I would show up and do.

--AnotherByte in GW2

Rvaan sometimes runs lower level fractals on friday, and higher level fractals/dungeons are usually done on a nightly basis. Usually those groups form in mumble, so being on there is your best bet at getting a spot.

Miniexadoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Miniexadoor

I feel like this should just be decided every Thursday to keep it varied.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miniexadoor: It is easier to have it at least semi-set. There tends to be a higher turnout when people know what we are doing.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I'm going to refrain from voting because of my own uncertainty, but just a heads up that a new WvW map (plus whatever the "Skyhammer" is) is likely showing up within the next couple of updates. Personally, I still really want to check out how the new traps and ladder arrangements will shake out, but then neither have I spent enough time in sPvP since spectating was put in.

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Its believed by the community to be a new WvW map, even if it is my impression on WvW is still pretty betrayed by how its just a mindless zergfest and any attempt to be otherwise will result in eventually defeated by a mindless zergfest.

That being said if enough people are online at 5PM Server Time (PST)... (8PM EST)... (I think 1AM GMT?) we will do some... thing, involving PvE and maybe guild missoins... and like chem trails or something.

We may change it up making TNT a different thing each week cause theres only so much PvE content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.