What profession are you going to main?

• 119 results
#1 Posted by Donatello (20 posts) -

#2 Posted by Donatello (20 posts) -

For me i'm doing Elementalist

#3 Posted by Lukeweizer (2746 posts) -

I really wanted to like the Guardian class, but I didn't find it as useful as I wanted. The buffs only last less than 10 seconds, then have 45 second cooldowns. Was pretty disappointed with that. I miss Paragons. I'm probably going to go Ranger (because I like having pets and the Longbow skills were neat) and Engineer (because I love having turret-based classes in any game).

#4 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

Main: Warrior

Alt: Guardian

#5 Posted by Bollard (5744 posts) -

Mesmer is popular then.

#6 Posted by autolock (6 posts) -

Engineer Asura all the way!

#7 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Main will be an elementalist, second will be an engineer. Might also make a mesmer.

#8 Posted by Hupsel (10 posts) -

Im rolling thief and elementalist at the same time. Hard to say whos going to be my main, have to wait probably until level 20 or so to see wich one I like the most and turn it into my main character/profession. But voted thief!

#9 Posted by chrisauel (9 posts) -

Same as my Guild Wars main, Human Mesmer.

#10 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

For my main I can't decide between a Warrior or a Guardian but for my alt I know I want to be a Necromancer.

#11 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

My main in GW1 was a Necromancer so I'm rolling with that again.

#12 Posted by Grome (16 posts) -

I have tried them all and am going Necro. Same as my main in guildwars heh

#13 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4731 posts) -

I will have 1 character and it will be a mesmer since I can't be reunited with my ritualist.

#14 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I was sure I would go with elementalist as I often do, but the beta changed my mind and I will start with an engineer.

#15 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

I'll likely end up a Ranger. When it comes down to it, it's simply my favorite archetype.

#16 Posted by TheHT (11663 posts) -

1. Elementalist

2. Thief

3. Warrior/Guardian

4. Guardian/Warrior

5. Necromancer

#17 Posted by Subjugation (4728 posts) -

You don't know awesome until you play a rifle shout warrior.

#18 Posted by jefftacular (5 posts) -

Nice to see a pretty even distribution! I think I'll go with a ranger. Haven't been able to take part in any of the beta's, so it's not based on any direct experience with the game. I've just been on a bow kick recently... #yearofthebow?

#19 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Three Hurrahs for Guardian.

#20 Posted by punxotani (17 posts) -

I clicked engineer just because.

Rolled and enjoyed charr/engineer for bwe2. I decided sylvari/ranger was going to be my main after bwe3. Unfortunately rolled asura/war during this past stress test so now i just don't know... I think Nooborama said he had a spreadsheet in the podcast. good call man. August 25th is going to be a rough day.

#22 Posted by Malarkain (106 posts) -

Torn between Ranger and Warrior. But from the looks of this poll and general chatter I may go Ranger just for the sake of variety.

#23 Posted by HadesTimes (825 posts) -

I plan on playing one character of just about all the classes EVENTUALLY. But I've played the most Necromancer, so that's what I'm going to Main. Probably do mostly a mixture of Sylvari, Charr, and probably one Asura. I really love the Asura starting zone, but I don't think I want to invest any MAJOR amount of time with them, at least for a while anyway. Looking at this as a real long haul kind of effort. Want to experience the entire game even if it takes me a really long time and some money for extra character slots.

#24 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

I never know what my main will be in a game until I get a taste of the endgame, but my first is going to be a Charr Engineer, then an Asura Necromancer or elementalist.

#25 Posted by Turkalurch (198 posts) -

So I clicked warrior but really even after 3 BWEs I have no idea what I'm going to main.

#26 Posted by Whitestripes09 (425 posts) -

Norn Ranger baybay!

#27 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Sylvari Necro or Asura Thief.

#28 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

Guardian.

Even though I hate the premise of the tanky healsig/mending/healinghands/healingbreeze W/Mo of GW1, I love how the Guardian can play like like a P/Mo hybrid.

#29 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Probably Guardian main. Alt will probably be Necro. I kinda want to play an Ele as well but I find it hella tedious to unlock all of their skills. I know it's a one time thing but I hate doing it.

#30 Posted by Curious_George (148 posts) -

@Turkalurch said:

So I clicked warrior but really even after 3 BWEs I have no idea what I'm going to main.

The more I play the less sure I've become. After BW2 I was sure it was going to be Elementalist or Warrior, but then during BWE3 I fell for the Guardian and Mesmer as well. I'm really struggling just to narrow it down to five professions right now.

#31 Edited by SIXSIDES (30 posts) -

Sylvari Engineer, suprised its on top as of now.

Also i wonder, of the 5 races what majority here would choose? someone do a poll of that

#32 Posted by Dourin (234 posts) -

After the fun we had in sPvP during this stress test, Elementalist has solidified itself as my main come launch. That said, my original plan was to have my top 3 be ele, thief, and warrior. However, with the thief-like dagger/dagger build I run on my ele, it sort of makes thief feel redundant, which makes me happy, since that knocks necro back up to my top 3 for launch. showed me that a minion necro can be insane in sPvP.

#33 Posted by Bollard (5744 posts) -

@Dourin: And apparently your Ele can still get my ass down in the right circumstances!

#34 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I was going to go ranger, but the pet makes me mad from what I played in the beta. It died in every event I did and took forever to rez.

#35 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2586 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I was going to go ranger, but the pet makes me mad from what I played in the beta. It died in every event I did and took forever to rez.

I thought pet-swap rezzing was still a thing? I am pretty sure it is...

(once you get the ability to hotswap between two pets, the off-pet rezzes automatically in the background)

But in either case - I enjoyed ele and warrior more than ranger anywho (all very different classes though, the warrior is probably closer if you like hotswapping between range and melee, the ele better if you like wiping loads of enemies out of your path with a single wave of your arms).

#36 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

Human Guardian then Charr Engineer!

#37 Posted by Branwulf (412 posts) -

Guardian, I thought i'd play a Guardian after they were announced, I played one in BWE1,2,3 and all the stress tests, I tried most of the other professions but kept going back to the Guardian.

#38 Posted by Mister_V (1413 posts) -

Human elementalist. Going to remake my char from GW1.

#39 Posted by project343 (2835 posts) -

Asuran Engineer and Charrdian. :)

#40 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2586 posts) -

@project343 said:

...and Charrdian. :)

Oh god damn it guys, we need to stop it with the portmanteaus.

#41 Posted by shinboy630 (1174 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@project343 said:

EngiNorn

#42 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3422 posts) -

Necrohumancer.

#43 Posted by PeezMachine (243 posts) -

Engineer is the most fun I've had with PvE, and since I'll probably be on PvE for a while before moving into PvP, I might as well (re)start with it.

#44 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -
@selfconfessedcynic How about Sylvarrior? Or Mesurmer?
#45 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2586 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

EngiNorn

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

Necrohumancer.

@Maystack said:

@selfconfessedcynic How about Sylvarrior? Or Mesurmer?

How about Syl-FUCKYOU

HOW ABOUT THAT!?

Fuck I need a new guild.

#46 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -
@selfconfessedcynic if an expansion is released, you could be a Tenguneer.

Okay, that's it, I'm done.
#47 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1493 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@project343 said:

EngiNorn

Charr Guardi...OH MY GOD THAT'S ADORABLE! =D

#48 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2586 posts) -

Pandas are so G.

#49 Posted by byterunner (314 posts) -

Wont be a guardian, Thats for sure.

Probably not a Mesmer, either Warrior, Elementalist, Engineer, or a Ranger.

#50 Posted by Malaiki (29 posts) -

Gonna have to be a thief though I have heard that they struggle in PvP, not sure how true that is

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.