What race will you play first in Guild Wars 2?

• 124 results
#101 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

In order of coolness:

1. Humans

2. Charr

3. Norn

The two elf races are too fruity for me.

They should have had dwarves instead of the asura so we could create a fellowship of the ring party.

#102 Posted by Branwulf (391 posts) -

Norn probably, or human, depends how spastic the attack animations are.

#103 Posted by perilator666 (431 posts) -

sucks charr is so high on the list. i hate them, they were such bastards in prophecies.

asura all the way to the bank.

#104 Posted by MrWythers (10 posts) -

Probably going to roll a Sylvari Elementalist. The idea of a plant-person lighting things on fire amuses me to no end.

#105 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

I can see from my initial poll choice that I've already changed my mind three times in regard to what race I'll choose. I'm not indecisive ... it's just that they're all so gooood! Human -> Asura -> Sylvari. Who knows what will happen between now and release.

#106 Posted by Ducksworth (656 posts) -

It'll be my first time playing the series and I haven't really been following the races that closely so....I'm not sure yet. I've been debating whether I should buy Guild Wars 1, so if that does happen I might just go with whatever race I pick then.

#107 Posted by Slax (885 posts) -

I'll probably start as a Norn. I was a ranger in GW1 and it was awesome, I figure that Norn fits that.

#108 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Norns have the best hairstyles so they win in my book.

#109 Posted by Maystack (898 posts) -

Apparently I voted for nord, but I've changed my mind to Charr since then.

#110 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

human if i actually get in :{

#111 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

It'll be my first time playing the series and I haven't really been following the races that closely so....I'm not sure yet. I've been debating whether I should buy Guild Wars 1, so if that does happen I might just go with whatever race I pick then.

You don't get to choose race in the original Guild Wars; everyone is human.

#112 Posted by shinboy630 (1117 posts) -

I will be playing Human at first simply to carry on the legacy of my Guild Wars 1 main character, although admittedly Sylvari is the race I'm most excited to play.

#113 Posted by Zor (653 posts) -

Not sure, don't know what the difference between them will be like... but most likely i will make a human first, play for about an hour, and then make a char for each of the other races, and repeat the process...

#114 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1084 posts) -

Human as a protest against the wowitizaion of this game.

#115 Posted by Fattony12000 (6355 posts) -

FEMALE ASURA NECROMANCER COME AT ME BROS

#116 Posted by shinboy630 (1117 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

FEMALE ASURA NECROMANCER COME AT ME BROS

#117 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I'm racist as fuck.

Human, bitches.

#118 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I'm digging the Asura.

#119 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1782 posts) -

If you give colonelpopcorn a feral race...

#120 Posted by RobbieMac (534 posts) -
@UssjTrunks: Pretty sure the lore states that the dwarves are almost extinct.  They were in EotN, but even then there weren't many of them.
#121 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2960 posts) -
@RobbieMac: The few remaining ones are made out of granite, too, which would make for a hilariously limited character customization.
#122 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Aura

I always play the shortest race because comedy.

#123 Posted by selbie (1780 posts) -

Asura. Instead of being all up in your face, they're all up in your crotch <3

#124 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -

Mushroom Cup, as usual.

Oh, wait. I have no idea what any of these are. I might just flip a coin :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.