Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

What would you add to the cash shop?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

If you had your pick, what would you add to the cash shop and why? Personally, I would add 0% bonus movement speed mounts. It's cosmetic, adds no movement so you don't get an advantage and would just be overall badass. If I had the option, I'd buy one.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More armor. I spent cash on Gems to get the Primeval Armor so I hope they add more.

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xyber

More cool armor designs. Mounts with no added movement speed would be nice too, no flying mounts though.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

More armor, town clothes, and any other ways to customize your character. I'm damn near obsessive when it comes to the way my character looks in an MMO. If they are in some more flair items, I'm willing to shell out some money. The light armor (profane) set in the shop right now just looks dumb in my opinion. It looks like someone robbed a fantasy bondage store and that's all they could get away with.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By scarace360

Mounts! Don't care if they make me move faster but sitting on shit is cool.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Codeacious

Dances.

I need to change my racial dance.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By xshinobi

Race change, barber shop, name change, sex change, etc...

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By VisariLoyalist

Some more contemporary classy clothes. I'm talking bow ties, suit jackets and generally slick looking digs to go with my top hat!

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gruff182

Mounts with a movement speed boost, that deactivates in WvW.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@BabyChooChoo: Nearly choked on my coffee thanks to the last bit, nice!

I'm all for more cosmetics though, severe lack of em and I've been scanning for some good gear because the medium headgear for Thief is nothing but a mouth cap so far.
    Although I saw some fancy hats linked somewhere, hope those come into my hands soon.
    Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Adamsons

@Xshinobi said:

Race change, barber shop, name change, sex change, etc...

Yep, this.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard

I don't want mounts in GW2 at all... This ain't WoW and they look fugly.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By byterunner

I want them to lower the price of the dyes

so. many. dyes. must have them all. on all characters.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli
    @Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics.  I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Mounted combat could make quite some sense in WvW, if it wouldn't be about life and death, but rather about dismounting each other - and the movement speed bonus doesn't exceed the regular Swiftness buff. The mount's lifebar being the perfect buffer to make head-on charges much more viable and fun in WvW.

I definitely see mounts in the future of GW2. Likely in a future expansion. Selling unique and badass mount-skins is just way too good a business opportunity, for them not to consider it - and make it work for the game.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By warxsnake

I'm kind of tired of the armor look. Lvl 30 and the look never changed. Maybe some styles you can buy for armor and transmutate. 

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli
    @warxsnake said:
    I'm kind of tired of the armor look. Lvl 30 and the look never changed. Maybe some styles you can buy for armor and transmutate. 
    You can.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Turambar

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@BabyChooChoo: Nearly choked on my coffee thanks to the last bit, nice! I'm all for more cosmetics though, severe lack of em and I've been scanning for some good gear because the medium headgear for Thief is nothing but a mouth cap so far. Although I saw some fancy hats linked somewhere, hope those come into my hands soon.

It's kind of weird that they only non-mask helm you can get is from your self-selected starting gear. I'm seriously considering just making another thief so I have another hood I can start transmuting all headgear into.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By warxsnake
    @Seppli said:
    @warxsnake said:
    You can.
    All I saw was town-clothes stuff. You can take a town clothes set and transmutate to actual armor?
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli
    @warxsnake said:
    @Seppli said:
    @warxsnake said:
    You can.
    All I saw was town-clothes stuff. You can take a town clothes set and transmutate to actual armor?
    I guess I got your meaning wrong. You can obtain cool looking armor, and then upgrade by transmuting/merging its looks with another item's stats. Not sure if you can transmute the look of town-cloathes with PvE-gear attributes though, or if there are skins available for PvE gear.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Turambar: If its not in yet they should just add crafting recipes for those things (and a whole other lot just for cosmetics, that'll encourage a lot of trading post action) so we can craft em eventually.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Subjugation

@Seppli said:

@warxsnake said:
    @Seppli said:
    @warxsnake said:
    You can.
    I guess I got your meaning wrong. You can obtain cool looking armor, and then upgrade by transmuting/merging its looks with another item's stats. Not sure if you can transmute the look of town-cloathes with PvE-gear attributes though, or if there are skins available for PvE gear.

They've said quite specifically that you can't transmute your armor to look like town clothes.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By project343
    @Xshinobi Race change wouldn't work with how the personal story is set up.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bollard
    @Seppli
    @Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics.  I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Mounted combat could make quite some sense in WvW, if it wouldn't be about life and death, but rather about dismounting each other - and the movement speed bonus doesn't exceed the regular Swiftness buff. The mount's lifebar being the perfect buffer to make head-on charges much more viable and fun in WvW.

I definitely see mounts in the future of GW2. Likely in a future expansion. Selling unique and badass mount-skins is just way too good a business opportunity, for them not to consider it - and make it work for the game.
    Mounted combat you say? Now you have my attention! But that couldn't be in the store then... Right?
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I really don't like mounts. They look silly, exist for nothing but bragging and make cities look like zoo's. It's already bad enough with ranger pets everywhere.

If they were added for mounted combat, I'd be more accepting of the idea. But even then, keep it restricted to certain zones, like the worm riding stuff in GW1.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By warxsnake
    @Seppli said:
    @warxsnake said:
    @Seppli said:
    @warxsnake said:
    You can.

Ah ok. Thing is everything I've gotten so far upto lvl32 has had the same look (warrior) the same chainmail crap, no matter what I get and whether its blue or green item. I wonder when this "look" will change with the better looking armor. I'm stuck looking like a lvl1 character still :(
    DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeathTrap
    1. Service to let you redo your appearance after character creation
    2. Mounts (0% speed boost or otherwise)
    3. (very unlikely) Appearance slots instead of item transmutation.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Seppli

@warxsnake said:

@Seppli said:
    @warxsnake said:
    @Seppli said:
    @warxsnake said:
    You can.
    Ah ok. Thing is everything I've gotten so far upto lvl32 has had the same look (warrior) the same chainmail crap, no matter what I get and whether its blue or green item. I wonder when this "look" will change with the better looking armor. I'm stuck looking like a lvl1 character still :(

Oh - it will. From what I'm seeing from high level players and previewing gear at various high level karma/honor badge vendors, the majority of visually interesting stuff comes in at higher levels. Just check out your sPvP gear vault - I suppose pretty much every model is to found and previewed in there. There's tons and tons of unique looking gear.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seppli

@Chavtheworld said:

@Seppli
    @Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics. I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Mounted combat you say? Now you have my attention! But that couldn't be in the store then... Right?

Why not? Just additional skins of course. Full functionality and sufficient shiny prestige mount skins would be included out of the box.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bollard

@Seppli said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Seppli
    @Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics. I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Why not? Just additional skins of course. Full functionality and sufficient shiny prestige mount skins would be included out of the box.

Sorry, I missed the skins bit - I was on my phone. Yep that totally works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.