What would you add to the cash shop?

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

If you had your pick, what would you add to the cash shop and why? Personally, I would add 0% bonus movement speed mounts. It's cosmetic, adds no movement so you don't get an advantage and would just be overall badass. If I had the option, I'd buy one.

#2 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1461 posts) -

More armor. I spent cash on Gems to get the Primeval Armor so I hope they add more.

#3 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

More cool armor designs. Mounts with no added movement speed would be nice too, no flying mounts though.

#4 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4540 posts) -

More armor, town clothes, and any other ways to customize your character. I'm damn near obsessive when it comes to the way my character looks in an MMO. If they are in some more flair items, I'm willing to shell out some money. The light armor (profane) set in the shop right now just looks dumb in my opinion. It looks like someone robbed a fantasy bondage store and that's all they could get away with.

#5 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Mounts! Don't care if they make me move faster but sitting on shit is cool.

#6 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Dances.

I need to change my racial dance.

#7 Posted by Xshinobi (387 posts) -

Race change, barber shop, name change, sex change, etc...

#8 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2994 posts) -

Some more contemporary classy clothes. I'm talking bow ties, suit jackets and generally slick looking digs to go with my top hat!

#9 Posted by Gruff182 (857 posts) -

Mounts with a movement speed boost, that deactivates in WvW.

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@BabyChooChoo: Nearly choked on my coffee thanks to the last bit, nice!

I'm all for more cosmetics though, severe lack of em and I've been scanning for some good gear because the medium headgear for Thief is nothing but a mouth cap so far.
Although I saw some fancy hats linked somewhere, hope those come into my hands soon.
#11 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

@Xshinobi said:

Race change, barber shop, name change, sex change, etc...

Yep, this.

#12 Posted by Bollard (5599 posts) -

I don't want mounts in GW2 at all... This ain't WoW and they look fugly.

#13 Posted by byterunner (308 posts) -

I want them to lower the price of the dyes

so. many. dyes. must have them all. on all characters.

#14 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics.  I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Mounted combat could make quite some sense in WvW, if it wouldn't be about life and death, but rather about dismounting each other - and the movement speed bonus doesn't exceed the regular Swiftness buff. The mount's lifebar being the perfect buffer to make head-on charges much more viable and fun in WvW.

I definitely see mounts in the future of GW2. Likely in a future expansion. Selling unique and badass mount-skins is just way too good a business opportunity, for them not to consider it - and make it work for the game.
#15 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

I'm kind of tired of the armor look. Lvl 30 and the look never changed. Maybe some styles you can buy for armor and transmutate. 

#16 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@warxsnake said:
I'm kind of tired of the armor look. Lvl 30 and the look never changed. Maybe some styles you can buy for armor and transmutate. 
You can.
#17 Posted by Turambar (6790 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@BabyChooChoo: Nearly choked on my coffee thanks to the last bit, nice! I'm all for more cosmetics though, severe lack of em and I've been scanning for some good gear because the medium headgear for Thief is nothing but a mouth cap so far. Although I saw some fancy hats linked somewhere, hope those come into my hands soon.

It's kind of weird that they only non-mask helm you can get is from your self-selected starting gear. I'm seriously considering just making another thief so I have another hood I can start transmuting all headgear into.

#18 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@warxsnake said:
You can.
All I saw was town-clothes stuff. You can take a town clothes set and transmutate to actual armor?
#19 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@warxsnake said:
@Seppli said:
@warxsnake said:
You can.
All I saw was town-clothes stuff. You can take a town clothes set and transmutate to actual armor?
I guess I got your meaning wrong. You can obtain cool looking armor, and then upgrade by transmuting/merging its looks with another item's stats. Not sure if you can transmute the look of town-cloathes with PvE-gear attributes though, or if there are skins available for PvE gear.
#20 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@Turambar: If its not in yet they should just add crafting recipes for those things (and a whole other lot just for cosmetics, that'll encourage a lot of trading post action) so we can craft em eventually.
#21 Posted by Subjugation (4722 posts) -

@Seppli said:

@warxsnake said:
@Seppli said:
@warxsnake said:
You can.
I guess I got your meaning wrong. You can obtain cool looking armor, and then upgrade by transmuting/merging its looks with another item's stats. Not sure if you can transmute the look of town-cloathes with PvE-gear attributes though, or if there are skins available for PvE gear.

They've said quite specifically that you can't transmute your armor to look like town clothes.

#22 Posted by project343 (2828 posts) -
@Xshinobi Race change wouldn't work with how the personal story is set up.
#23 Posted by Bollard (5599 posts) -
@Seppli
@Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics.  I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Mounted combat could make quite some sense in WvW, if it wouldn't be about life and death, but rather about dismounting each other - and the movement speed bonus doesn't exceed the regular Swiftness buff. The mount's lifebar being the perfect buffer to make head-on charges much more viable and fun in WvW.

I definitely see mounts in the future of GW2. Likely in a future expansion. Selling unique and badass mount-skins is just way too good a business opportunity, for them not to consider it - and make it work for the game.
Mounted combat you say? Now you have my attention! But that couldn't be in the store then... Right?
#24 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I really don't like mounts. They look silly, exist for nothing but bragging and make cities look like zoo's. It's already bad enough with ranger pets everywhere.

If they were added for mounted combat, I'd be more accepting of the idea. But even then, keep it restricted to certain zones, like the worm riding stuff in GW1.

#25 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@warxsnake said:
@Seppli said:
@warxsnake said:
You can.

Ah ok. Thing is everything I've gotten so far upto lvl32 has had the same look (warrior) the same chainmail crap, no matter what I get and whether its blue or green item. I wonder when this "look" will change with the better looking armor. I'm stuck looking like a lvl1 character still :(
#26 Posted by DeathTrap (249 posts) -
  1. Service to let you redo your appearance after character creation
  2. Mounts (0% speed boost or otherwise)
  3. (very unlikely) Appearance slots instead of item transmutation.
#27 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@warxsnake said:

@Seppli said:
@warxsnake said:
@Seppli said:
@warxsnake said:
You can.
Ah ok. Thing is everything I've gotten so far upto lvl32 has had the same look (warrior) the same chainmail crap, no matter what I get and whether its blue or green item. I wonder when this "look" will change with the better looking armor. I'm stuck looking like a lvl1 character still :(

Oh - it will. From what I'm seeing from high level players and previewing gear at various high level karma/honor badge vendors, the majority of visually interesting stuff comes in at higher levels. Just check out your sPvP gear vault - I suppose pretty much every model is to found and previewed in there. There's tons and tons of unique looking gear.

#28 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@Seppli
@Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics. I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Mounted combat you say? Now you have my attention! But that couldn't be in the store then... Right?

Why not? Just additional skins of course. Full functionality and sufficient shiny prestige mount skins would be included out of the box.

#29 Posted by Bollard (5599 posts) -

@Seppli said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Seppli
@Chavtheworld said:

Mounted combat would be amazing. Imagine a handful of mount types, each type adding 5 profession specific attacks - similar to the underwater combat mechanics. I'd definitely love a permanent movementspeed buff via mounts (WvW especially) for getting around.

Why not? Just additional skins of course. Full functionality and sufficient shiny prestige mount skins would be included out of the box.

Sorry, I missed the skins bit - I was on my phone. Yep that totally works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.