Yet another stress test 15/08

#1 Edited by Maystack (898 posts) -
We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Wednesday, August 15 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.
By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!
--
Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

~RB2

Link

#2 Posted by silentdante (57 posts) -

cool, i am not sure if i will want to play darksiders II or this, haha i am really enjoying DS2 but would also like to play pvp with people!

who all is going to try and be on the stress test?

#3 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1327 posts) -

Um...Okay. Weird, we've been getting a lot of stress tests lately. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

#4 Posted by Dourin (228 posts) -

I'll absolutely be on this stress test. Would like to get more than an hour with my warrior this time around, and was thinking of putting together and trying out a scepter/dagger build that seems to be all the rage with ele's right now. Also, I hear nvidia released a new experimental driver that focuses on optimization for GW2, so I plan to download that and run it through its paces as well. #AlwaysBeTesting

#5 Posted by silentdante (57 posts) -

@Dourin: damn you are right, i really want to try out the ranger i built since that will probly be the main PVE guy i have, though that minion necro is fun, i dont think i would enjoy it in PVE as much.

i suppose it's just 4 hours away from DS2, haha and i'll get to be privy to what the english call food items and other great topics in the mumble.

#6 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2968 posts) -

WOOOOOOOOOO! The Guild Wars 2 train isn't stopping until we reach the station and blow right through it into SPACE!

#7 Posted by Bollard (5034 posts) -

@Dourin said:

I'll absolutely be on this stress test. Would like to get more than an hour with my warrior this time around, and was thinking of putting together and trying out a scepter/dagger build that seems to be all the rage with ele's right now. Also, I hear nvidia released a new experimental driver that focuses on optimization for GW2, so I plan to download that and run it through its paces as well. #AlwaysBeTesting

#NeverNotTesting

Also I don't know if I'll be there. Busy day Thursdee.

#8 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

WOOOOOOOOOO! The Guild Wars 2 train isn't stopping until we reach the station and blow right through it into SPACE!

Oh god, for some reason that made me think of Platform 9 3/4. Fuck I'm such a fantasy nerd.

Anyway I'm going to go in and see if the nurf to my favourite warrior heal skill breaks my build ;-_-

#9 Posted by silentdante (57 posts) -

and a quick reminder to people who might see this thread and want to play in the test, update your client so you dont have to wait haha! :)

#10 Posted by Maystack (898 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic: Pfft, the hogwarts express went to Scotland not Space.

#11 Posted by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

Awesome, I can test out my "new" video card.

#12 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

Oh god, for some reason that made me think of Platform 9 3/4. Fuck I'm such a fantasy nerd.

Anyway I'm going to go in and see if the nurf to my favourite warrior heal skill breaks my build ;-_-

They just increased CD from 20s to 25s. Still seems like the best heal to me.

#13 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2494 posts) -

@UssjTrunks said:

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

They just increased CD from 20s to 25s. Still seems like the best heal to me.

Agreed. Still, it's a 20% nurf to our only really great way of removing conditions. Every other way requires some serious build-focusing to use.

I'll give it some play-testing to see how I feel about it - I watched some videos and I think so far a lot of people have had the same experience as me. Mending comes back up just in time to save you multiple times during a match, to an extent that those 5 seconds are very meaningful. That said, it could just force me to use it more intelligently and get the most out of it, or perhaps use it closer to the start of a fight so I can have it again at around the same time.

#14 Posted by MrMazz (853 posts) -

Sweet more time to play around with Engineer. Been looking over their Tier1 1point Utility Skills and they seem to have the most useful/interesting that make we want to use more Utility Skills. I've also found my thoughts on the rifle not being as useful were uninformed still don't see how a Sheild is useful for any of the classes though.

#15 Posted by Subjugation (4694 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam:

Hey, I can deal with multiple hour stress tests, it's just the single hour thing that I thought was pointless. I'll likely be there.

#16 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

I might embrace Noob's way of playing these stress tests, try to make some good looking characters (not screenshotting every single step though, only crazy people do that).

#17 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (2968 posts) -

@Xyber: I'm not crazy. I just have to record all of the nose sliders to keep the garden gnomes from telling me to kill Colonel Sanders.

#18 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Finally! Someone who understands!

@Xyber: Suit yourself, you'll only forget everything and wish you had followed in my footsteps.

#19 Posted by Xyber (292 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA: I will sit there for four hours and memorize all the sliders!

#20 Posted by yyninja (59 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Um...Okay. Weird, we've been getting a lot of stress tests lately. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

I'm on the same boat. Feels weird to have so many stress tests. Maybe it's to raise hype about the game's release.

#21 Edited by Dark_Lord_Spam (2968 posts) -

@yyninja: They just want the game to be as prepared for launch as it can possibly be. No one likes getting kicked out because of server issues on day one.

#22 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@yyninja said:

I'm on the same boat. Feels weird to have so many stress tests. Maybe it's to raise hype about the game's release.

Or maybe it's to test what kind of stress will be on their servers when the game launches
#23 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -

Sigil cooldowns were either bugged or changed (in a bad way).

The CD from one sigil affected all other sigils, even if they were on the other weapon.

For example, you have sigil of superior air (5s CD) on one weapon and sigil of hydromancy on the other.

1. Sigil of air activates on a critical hit and enters its 5s CD.

2. You swap weapons before the 5s is up, but your sigil of hydromancy will not activate because it is sharing the cooldown of the previous sigil.

#24 Edited by Seppli (9773 posts) -

Rolled a Charr Thief tonight, and I liked it. First went Sword/Dagger & Shortbow, but the initiative dump for Sword/Dagger is worthless (attack -> dodge -> attack), because the second strike after the dodge almost always misses, so I went Dagger & Pistol instead. Shortbow's loads of fun though. A bit disappointed in that teleport type skill - way too restrictive and finicky currently.

Still seems like I'll end up rolling Ranger though - yet again.

btw. am I the only one who hates that cripple and such affects some skills and dodge rolls? Oh how I hate using some charge type ability to catch up with an enemy, and the character will barely budge. Hate it so much.

#25 Edited by UssjTrunks (534 posts) -
#26 Posted by yyninja (59 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@yyninja: They just want the game to be as prepared for launch as it can possibly be. No one likes getting kicked out because of server issues on day one.

@Jack268 said:

@yyninja said:

Or maybe it's to test what kind of stress will be on their servers when the game launches

I definitely appreciate that they are testing the servers as much as they can. I'm just surprised since I don't remember any MMORPGs that had this many stress tests near launch.

#27 Posted by MrMazz (853 posts) -

So I finally hopped back on my lvl 20 War and wandered around a bit. They didn't let me go out of the Charr starter area so I wondered around Kryta, now I haven't really gone through the rest of the areas but Kryta is really well put together. Enough distance between towns and random Centaur events that I just wondered around killing Centaurs for a good 3 hours and accidently walked into the 25 and up zone when I was 22.

#28 Edited by Bollard (5034 posts) -
#29 Posted by Maystack (898 posts) -
#30 Posted by bunnymud (704 posts) -

Bleeding no longer stacks for engineers?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.