Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Your Dye Progession?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I went from your standard common brown and grey shades towards more uncommon olives/pine greens mixed with various browns for giving the armor that leathery look - often with mithril or silver or gold highlights. Today I unlocked a bunch of awesome new rare dyes - midnight violet (almost black violet) and night shade (greyish dark blue) - both of which go very well with my character's Order of Wispers / Ash Legion background - looking forward to unlocking more awesome rare colors. I suppose there's like 400 shades of colors - wonder what I'll end up with.

What's your dye progression thus far?

demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By demarcon

I think I've used a total of 6 dyes and sold all the others.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Started with silvers and browns, progressed to tarnished colours and now it's red and darker red.

I tend to match my colours to my armours - which change in style wildly for Warriors as you progress through gear in this game. The end point though is fixed in my mind already - Black and Gold (to match Ebonhawke gear).

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Red/purple all the way, all day.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UssjTrunks

I had way more in the betas. Most of the ones I unlock are junk (they all literally look like shit). Still waiting for that white dye. :(

Although the starter dyes "antique gold" and "matte silver" are pretty sweet.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

i think i have all the pinks. but everytime i think that i get another one.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Unlocked about 20ish dyes. Started a new character. Turns out dyes are bound to characters and not accounts.

Now I no longer can bring myself to care about dyes again. I swear to fucking god, every time I really start to like something about this game, it turns out to be a big "fuck you."

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UssjTrunks

@BabyChooChoo said:

Unlocked about 20ish dyes. Started a new character. Turns out dyes are bound to characters and not accounts.

Now I no longer can bring myself to care about dyes again. I swear to fucking god, every time I really start to like something about this game, it turns out to be a big "fuck you."

Initially I was like "who cares". But after realizing how hard they are to get, it definitely sucks.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@UssjTrunks said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Initially I was like "who cares". But after realizing how hard they are to get, it definitely sucks.

Yeah. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm real OCD when it comes to character customization haha. So having to unlock what feels like simple customization options, for each and every character, is really off-putting to me.

Snuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snuffy

I got Lemon Zest, which looks like gold, and made black using the mystic forge. I'm about done for a little while until I want White. In which case, I will probably use the mystic forge again. I might possibly try and make them again and turn a profit.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dezztroy

Started out using mostly tan-ish colors that looked good on leather armor. I've since then upgraded to a mix of Abyss and Midnight Fire.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Wuddel

Purple and yellow on my (pirate) pimp hat ;)

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maystack

I generally go with a dark colour for the most of the armour, with a brighter highlight. My necromancer is rocking Grey/Green at the moment.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I've got a few I really like. Chocolate is a good brown colour that works really well for cloth and leather. Graphite is a good dark colour, without being as completely black as most people seem to make their armour. And White Gold is a really light gold colour, which I think is perfect for guardian armour. I've also got Emerald and Nectar, which work well for a lot of things.

I'm still annoyed that dye's aren't unlocked across the whole account though. My other 7 characters will never have any :(

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By HadesTimes

My main is a Mesmer, was using purple and red. Now I'm rocking rosy and pink. Looking for some darker rosy and maybe a darker pink. But who knows. I'm intentional not looking up all the dye colors. I like surprises.

tuckiozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By tuckiozi

Started out using reds and greens, balanced out with some browns occasionally. Now using Midnight Ice + Oxblood for everything. It's the best.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

I've got two styles that I switch between on my Engineer - stone and jalapeno (although sometimes I replace the stone with tarnished silver for a lighter cream colour) and Denim and Blood, which goes with my Winter Sky/Autumn-toned Sylvari. The human warrior I started to muck about has gone a bit LOTR-movies Rohan, with Deep Maple as a primary - which works oddly well on metallic armour, makes it look like a very dark bronze - with Jalapeno and Dijon (which I like as a 'dirty gold' colour more than the actual golds) finishes. 

I really like the Dye system as a customisation tool, and don't mind having to 'unlock' them randomly... but I would probably pay to make them all account bound. It's disheartening to go on an alt and have my dye choice halved, or unlock a colour thinking 'damn, I wanted this on my other character!'.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By project343

I just spent an ungodly amount of money (like 1g) on a stack on random dyes on the trading post. This dye system is hitting my completionist HARD.

Bahloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bahloo

@selfconfessedcynic said:

Black and Gold (to match Ebonhawke gear).

Also pink'n'purple.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bunnymud

Royal Blue/Oil Slick

Looks O.K.

redrohX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By redrohX

I sold a rare dye for more than 2 gold! I can live without a different shade of black... ;-)

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jesterroyal

I'm really digging my midnight green and bronze colored robes for my sylvari. I look really planty. Also, i cant help but apply every dye to my character. Its a compulsion.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nights

I'm an absolute fashion whore so I keep all of my dyes and spend way too much time coming up with different combinations. I've got a decent amount of rares/uncommon dyes at the moment so I'm pretty content. The dyes I usually rock are Abyss, Royal Blue, Icing, Ivory or Brick. Depends on the armor as each set has a different texture to them that alters the color slightly.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Turambar

Started pink and purple, moved towards gold-ish with brown and orange. Right now I'm rocking the christmas look: dark green, light green, and strawberry.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Marz

I used to run red white for awhile... mostly because thief gear looks like like Red Mage gear feathered hat and all, so i'd make my dude look like one. But i just crafted a full set of exotic gear and now i run blackish + gold.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrMazz

In order to complete my Lanister look for my Guardian I spen about 45 silver on a Gold Dye. Most of the dye I get I just sell un ID since figuring I'll just buy the color I want when I want it once I have the armor I want.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Subjugation

After obtaining Celestial dye (think pure white) I don't care about much else. It just looks sooo good.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By shinboy630

@Subjugation said:

After obtaining Celestial dye (think pure white) I don't care about much else. It just looks sooo good.

True statement. I'm rocking that and Midnight Ice currently, and I don't know if that will ever change.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.