Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Your Plans for the Upcoming Beta Weekend (April 27th - 30th)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I plan to play 3 classes. One each day. The 3 classes least likely to be played as my main at release (Female Human Mesmer, Male Charr Engineer, Female Norn Ranger). One character for each available race.

• I'll play the introduction and the first area or two for each race, to get a feel for the personal story and the general PvE event & progression mechanics.
    • I'll visit each available racial city.
    • If there's a 'lvl-up instantly to lvl 30' NPC like in the press beta, I'll visit Lionarch and dedicate a large chunk of one day to the Ascalonian Tombs dungeon.
    • Mainly though, I will focus on World vs World (it's the first time ever World vs World is going to be played for reals) and structured PvP. Something I won't start doing until I hit lvl-cap with my main character at release.

What about you guys? Already got a battleplan to get exactly what you want out of the upcoming event? Other than losing a tonne of sleep? *I already hear god snickering at my audacity of making plans...*

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Maystack

Friday will be spent getting making my character, getting used to the game and doing some general exploring. Saturday and Sunday will then be a mix of PvE and WvW.

I'm just gonna main one character for this weekend, although I might make some others just to see the character customisation. My main will probably be a human ranger, as that's what my first character on GW was, and I don't plan on playing one in the full game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I plan on going in to a GW2 gaming coma, I shall plug myself in eat at stupid times sleep only when the tooth picks in my eyes break and generally reduce my life expectancy by 2 years.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

To launch it and try to comprehend what I'm seeing.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack268

Just gonna play human thief through the entire weekend to get my shit figured out for the actual release.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geirr

I'll try, oh, everything.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'll probably...

• Try out the character creator for every race
    • Make a Norn Necromancer and a Charr Guardian - the former because both the class and race are something I'm interested in but probably wont play for a while after release and the second because I'll prob never play charr in the real game and want to see if Guardian is the right fit for my first character
    • Play the first one in PvE for most of the weekend and the second one in PvP when we have a group together or after I'm bored.
    • I'll definitely try out at least one dungeon with that necro - so we'll see whats out there
    • I'll explore both the charr and norn home cities, but prob none of the others as I want to keep them a surprise for now.
    Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    1. Make a norn necromancer (my last planned character race, and one of the three profs I'm not planning to play)
    2. Scrape the remodeled LA clean
    3. Try to avoid playing any personal story
    4. Fail to avoid playing any personal story
    5. Do as much WvW as possible
    6. Blame any structured PvP failures on the fact that I'm still using my shit PC
    Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Adamsons

Hammer PVE.

Really just want to get a feel for both ranged and melee to confirm which class I will play on release.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By shikon

i'm going to make a human ranger to see if i like it.

i'll mostly being doing pve and general exploring around.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Adamsons said:

Hammer PVE.

Really just want to get a feel for both ranged and melee to confirm which class I will play on release.

Since every profession has the tools to operate at most ranges effectively, it should come down to which mechanics and flavor you like the most.

Kri0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kri0s

Try to get a good feel for how each profession is playing(if thats possible in one weekend) and get my skills up to par for launch, whenever thats gonna be

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.