Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

Bug Report: Guild Wars

devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By devosion

First blog post! Got it out of the way, and on to my blog post.

As a regular Guild Wars player some of the most interesting moments are when I find strange bugs in the game that either break the game, or just enhance the experience. For example, earlier this year I found a bug that didn't allow you to salvage items while in an instanced area, the bug occurred in Lahtenda Bog and Magus Stones. Since then I hadn't found anything of note, until now.

So today after completing the Blacktide Den mission I zoned to Sunspear Great Hall in order to claim my reward. As I zoned to Plains of Jarin to speak to Jerek I noticed that I had a party of 6. Kihm and Sogolon were a part of my party including my heroes and myself. I have not encountered this bug before so I wager this issue began with the newest Guild Wars update as of December 12th. 

No Caption Provided

The nice thing about this bug is it'll make vanquishing Plains of Jarin on Hard Mode easier if you tend to vanquish alone. 
    devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By devosion

First blog post! Got it out of the way, and on to my blog post.

As a regular Guild Wars player some of the most interesting moments are when I find strange bugs in the game that either break the game, or just enhance the experience. For example, earlier this year I found a bug that didn't allow you to salvage items while in an instanced area, the bug occurred in Lahtenda Bog and Magus Stones. Since then I hadn't found anything of note, until now.

So today after completing the Blacktide Den mission I zoned to Sunspear Great Hall in order to claim my reward. As I zoned to Plains of Jarin to speak to Jerek I noticed that I had a party of 6. Kihm and Sogolon were a part of my party including my heroes and myself. I have not encountered this bug before so I wager this issue began with the newest Guild Wars update as of December 12th. 

No Caption Provided

The nice thing about this bug is it'll make vanquishing Plains of Jarin on Hard Mode easier if you tend to vanquish alone. 
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lunarbunny

I've seen it before, so if it was fixed than this is simply a regression. Pretty much any of the missions that send you to a lower max party size outpost are prone to doing it in my experience.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3  Edited By Geno

This is an old, old bug. I'm pretty sure that once you zone out it resets so there's no practical purpose. And Plains of Jarin is on noob island, making it hella easy to vanquish anyway. 

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Poki3

If you want to make a "Bug report" series, then post actuall... you know, bugs, or glitches at least.
    It's known that if missions force you into an area that has a lower party member limit you can have more party members for the time being, and it's not a bug. If you want something interesting to hunt for, then try finding the "ends of the world".

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've played a fair bit of Guild Wars myself but I haven't encountered that many bugs in the game.

devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By devosion
    @Poki3: I have gone through and done a pretty big number of the 'end of the world' portal glitches with my Rt/A, but since this is the first time I started a blog at giantbomb, and the first time I encountered this bug I felt it's a place to start.

And if this doesn't meet your criteria for a bug / glitch i'm sure the first one I mentioned regarding inability to salvage items in some instanced areas at infrequent times, usually due to prolonged gaming sessions, does qualify.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.