Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

GW account stolen...

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By woodtsunami

As the title implies, my guild wars account was stolen, probably from keylogging, and all the many hours that i put into that game are gone unless ANET can get it back for me. I had 38, 994 gold at the time it was stolen and that was the most I had ever had... I'm pretty upset about this and am worried that if ANET gets my account back, all my characters will have been deleted and replaced with bots... Does anyone have some tips for getting through this for me??? Thanks guys.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OGCartman

I really feel bad for you, but no idea man.
    Call GW support and tell them, RIGHT AWAY!

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Superchris129

Don't give your password out to anyone else. Period. My brother had his WoW account "hacked." Turns out, he gave his password out to his best friend. His friend gave it out to someone else, and that someone else deleted every character and made 3 new level 1's that were named "you" "got" and "hacked."

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By woodtsunami

I sent an report to ANET right after it happened (last night) and they haven't responded except to say that the report was moved to the accounts department. And I NEVER gave my password out to anyone. I'm not that stupid lol.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

You could... call ArenaNet on the phone or something.

And scan your damn computer for viruses. Stealing a GuildWars account is hard unless the thief somehow knows the email and password you used.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Will1Lucky
    Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
    DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

Seriously, call on the phone (if you haven't already).  Since this is a year and 7 months old as of my post, this is more for whoever happens to be reading later.

Support is here: http://guildwars.com/support/default.php

Also, remember to avoid mods and 3rd party programs for games like these.  Sometimes they make games okay, and sometimes they make life hell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.