Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

Starting Guild Wars for the first time...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well, I'm a little bit late to this party.   

About 6 months ago, during some  Steam sale, I bought Guild Wars for very cheap.  I played about 2 areas in it, and couldn't really get into it.  So, I quit and haven't looked at it until now, when I was unistalling/installing different games on Steam.   

I'm considering trying to do this, it's not a for sure thing yet.  I know Guild Wars II is around the corner, I know there are other threads like this.  It's just that I've already bought the game, and I hate to see money go to waste.   

So, basically, is anyone interested in doing a playthrough?  I've never played an MMO before, so I guess I'm inexperienced in that regard, but I have plenty of RPG experience.  
    Or, is it just too late.

JackPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JackPack

Guild Wars is a great game, and I really hope it will grow on you! :)

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
    DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 4

I don't want to feel committed to a full play through, but I'm up for playing Guild Wars sometime.  I still play pretty regularly.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Semition

Guild Wars is an extremely odd MMO. It's more like a Real Time "Card Game" than an normal MMORPG, so it's definitely not easy to get into.

If you're still interested in playing, you add me "Sen Ty Nal" on the friend's list, pm me and I might be able to help you a little.

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
    DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 4

It's not really an MMO.  Most of the people who play it compare it to Diablo II more, where the towns are like where you "find games" to join.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FirePrince

You want to do a playtrough? 
    I could be up to the task.Let me just install the game for a sec,and I'll PM you is everything is allright. 
    I also got this game and never really played it that much,so I'll start from the beginning.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.