Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

The Mad King is Coming!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Since NC Soft don't do anything to really advertise their big festivals, I thought I'd try to spread the word on here.
    Starting October 23rd the cities of Lions Arch, Kamadan, Droknar's Forge and the Tomb of the Primeval Kings will be adorned with Halloween themed decorations.

No Caption Provided

During this time there will be several special events to take part in, special Halloween related quests and special Halloween items to collect, only available for a limited time including trick or treat bags, ghosts-in-a-box and pumpkin cookies.  And of course, on the 31st, starting at 12:01am the Mad King will show himself every three hours in Kamadan and Lion's Arch to play games with everyone in the city until November 2nd.  Each person that takes part will recieve special, one time only Halloween themed headgear.  Once this event is over, you'll never be able to get it again.

No Caption Provided

If you're new to Guild Wars, you can get a free trial from the official GW website. http://www.guildwars.com/freetrial/
    Hope to see some of you there.  
    Happy Halloween!
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Cool. Does anybody still play this? I havn't heard anyone talk about it here on GB at all. Then again, I don't even play it myself.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It's definitely died down since the announcement of GW2, and there hasn't really been any new content, but it still has a big enough user base.  Things still get pretty hectic during these festivals..  It goes from there only being three or four districts in each city to being hundreds.  Personally, I don't play the game very much these days either, but it's a lot of fun to get together with the community for these things.  The quests and special events are usually really fun, and this year apparantly has some completely new stuff coming.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan

I played a trial account, the game seemed pretty but the loot was not in abundance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.