thinking of buying trilogy on steam

#1 Edited by Jackel2072 (2248 posts) -

im playing the trial right now. yeah it might be old but its pretty damn fun still. and 29.99 is a pretty good price for 3 games. what do you guys think? is it worth it? 

unless someone could recommend me another good co op dungeon crawler

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

It's kind of boring unless you have some dudes to go through it with. 

You either have to PUG it or take along some CPU. 

Neither option is great.

#3 Posted by Dedodido (235 posts) -

If you have people to play it with, or are at least good at making friends in-game, then it's definitely worth buying. I've had it for nearly 6 years and it's still a hell of a lot of fun, and I've still got a lot of content I haven't even touched yet.

#4 Posted by yakov456 (1901 posts) -
@Jackel2072: I'm in the same boat, I just started the trial and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Feels a bit aged but still it's holding my interest. Wonder if the new one will run on my laptop.
#5 Posted by fryedrycestyle (230 posts) -

If you have friends to play it with, I highly recommend it. If you can get active in a guild then that also helps. Otherwise you may be better off waiting for Guild Wars 2. Simply put, the AI henchmen, and to a lesser extent the AI "heroes", are pretty useless and will only hold you back. They may get you buy in earlier missions (at least in the Prophecies campaign) but towards the end of the game they're useless.

#6 Posted by Jackel2072 (2248 posts) -
@yakov456 said:
" @Jackel2072: I'm in the same boat, I just started the trial and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Feels a bit aged but still it's holding my interest. Wonder if the new one will run on my laptop. "
well i bought it lol and i just met a nice man who is going to show me the ropes (or rob me blind) so if you decided to get it come find me!
#7 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Its worth it, I've spent over 4000 hours into the Guild Wars series. 
#8 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -
@fryedrycestyle:  I'm not sure if you have really played GW or if you are really bad at it, because i'm getting the Vanquish title (hard mode) and i'm using nothing but heroes, of course if you are bad and can't make a decent build for your heroes it's possible that you can't progress.
#9 Posted by Jackel2072 (2248 posts) -

well i am happy with my purchase. i already got invited to a guild and everything. nice folks too. 

#10 Edited by Riddell (342 posts) -

I would just wait for GW2 unless you really want to burn through the story of GW to get up to speed. 

Either way, Guild Wars is awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.