Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

What campaign should I start with?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Bought the game through the Steam Sale. Which of the three campaigns should I start with? Does it matter at all?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By drac96

Original Guild Wars? They take place in order. It was Guild Wars, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of The North. The original campaign sets up everything and Eye of the North is its direct continuation.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bestostero
    @Barrock said:

Bought the game through the Steam Sale. Which of the three campaigns should I start with? Does it matter at all?

I would NOT go in order, start in Nightfall. You're gonna need to build your team of heroes soon as they are WAY more competent than henches.

For story purposes, go in order, but for game play, you want to start with Nightfall because that is where you will get most of your heroes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.