Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2014

The fifth main installment of the Guilty Gear series returns to its fighting game roots, featuring a new game engine with 3D graphics (with special rendering techniques to give the illusion of hand-drawn character art).

Are the paid extra characters worth it?

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'm finally going to get the game in about a week and am now wondering about the paid extra characters.

I'll get Sin since he's just 2,49 but 7,99 for Leo seems a bit much, so I'm really on the fence about him.

Anyone buy him yet and want to tell me if he's fun to play and what kind of character he is?

Also have they announced any plans for more characters yet? I really want Testament, Johnny and Kliff in this one.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You can unlock Sin through the game. I haven't done it yet but it's a safe bet you just finish the story to get him.

I haven't played Leo, $8 seems a bit steep for me. There is a free downloadable character, I don't remember her name. She's pretty cool. I'm not sure if it was a time sensitive download or anything, you can probably still get her.

I haven't heard anymore plans for more characters but I bet they put more out. I really want Jam and Bridgett back in.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi
    @bigmess said:

You can unlock Sin through the game. I haven't done it yet but it's a safe bet you just finish the story to get him.

I haven't played Leo, $8 seems a bit steep for me. There is a free downloadable character, I don't remember her name. She's pretty cool. I'm not sure if it was a time sensitive download or anything, you can probably still get her.

I haven't heard anymore plans for more characters but I bet they put more out. I really want Jam and Bridgett back in.

To get Sin you just have to buy him in the gallery for 200k.

Elphelt was the timed sensitive free character but is not anymore. She's 8 bucks like Leo now.

EDIT: Nevermind, Elphelt is still free. Apparently they went back on their original cutoff date of January 5th.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Okay, thanks for the input guys. For some reason I wasn't even aware of Elphelt, but I downloaded her immediately now.

Also yeah, the quasi sequel in a BlazBlue style would make sense I guess.

Northeastmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Northeastmonk

I'm having fun playing as Leo Whitefang. The $8 was steep at first, but I've kind of gotten use to him. He has a lot of fun moves to use, but he takes practice. They give him a back stance as well as a charge projectile. The moves aren't too difficult to get down, but they take some practice. Overall he was worth the purchase for me at least. I didn't do too well online with him, so I'm mostly talking about arcade mode. I've used Sol since #Reloaded, but I'm practicing with Leo for the time being. Leo has a command move that can be roman cancelled after the opponent hits the ground. He also has a few swirling moves that combo (3 commands).

Make sure to download the Christmas outfits as well. Leo looks really good in his. I just wish his blades would of been candy canes. I also bought Sin. I've been a sucker for DLC characters, which kind of sucks in the long run. I bought the $20 DLC for SFxT and I barely played that game for a month after Capcom released the pack. I'm too use to inputting codes or unlocking characters after clearing arcade mode like mainline Tekken or Street Fighter entries.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.