Here's Your Guitar Hero 5 Artist List

• 90 results
#51 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Woot for Kings of Leon

#52 Posted by mean_cheez (19 posts) -

Eagles of Death Metal?! Depending on how the list for the next Rock Band looks that might be enough to convert me.

#53 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

Gorrilaz??? EWWWW!!!!!! To be honest, the band list looks like crap.Other than a few artists here and there, such as Iron Maiden, Rush, and Megadeth, the rest is pretty bland.

#54 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -

Brand new might make me buy this game.

#55 Posted by Spike94 (735 posts) -
@SoulEdgeSlayer:
Why thank you! I agree!
#56 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
ewingsquadron said:
Curious as to which Elton John song...
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting.
#57 Posted by BulletHoles (24 posts) -

Holy crap they have Darkest Hour

#58 Edited by Milkman (16615 posts) -

Elliott Smith? How the hell is that going to work?

#59 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

sultans of swing  :D

#60 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Not a bad list. Too bad I no longer care.

#61 Posted by Ouroboros (344 posts) -

I just played World Tour and I completely regretted the experience - interesting set list but all this stuff could've been addressed in better DLC or even an overall product.  Rock Band all the way

#62 Posted by AlexB (1023 posts) -

Well Queen + David Bowie is undoubtedly Under Pressure and I'm betting Nirvana will be Smells like Teen Spirit. That would pretty much be an instant sell. lol

#63 Posted by FoxMulder (1664 posts) -

If the first two Guitar Hero games had that good of a artist list then I would probably still be playing them.  Seeing as they didn't, I no longer care for any plastic instrument music games.

#64 Posted by MachoFantastico (4584 posts) -

Would love some Brand New. Surprised some of their tracks haven't hit Rock Band yet.

#65 Posted by MachoFantastico (4584 posts) -

Also nice to see Attack Attack UK! in there to. Nice to see some lesser known bands in there, great band though.

#66 Posted by dankempster (2252 posts) -

Public Enemy in Guitar Hero? If Levio were here right now, he'd be so happy...

#67 Posted by Daawisss (40 posts) -

Children of Bodom!!!!

#68 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Brand New, Band of Horses and TV on the Radio = win.

#69 Posted by ElectricHaggis (630 posts) -

Arctic Monkeys?  Awesome. 

#70 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1062 posts) -

Yes. ReTarDedFisHy approves.

#71 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

there is a stupid amount of good bands on there.

#72 Posted by SuperMooseman (358 posts) -

Oh sweet, Gorillaz! I wonder which song(s) they've picked...

#73 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
@SuperMooseman: I would personally love to see "DARE" or "All Alone"...don't really know if either of those are ideal for GH, but I just love those songs. ...I just hope it's anything besides "19-2000". Nothing against that song, but I'm not the biggest fan of it.
#74 Edited by SuperMooseman (358 posts) -
@Kush: I'm not too keen on 19-2000 by itself, but I absolutely love the remix version (last track on the first album) Left Hand Suzuki Method. Much more fast paced, and so much better than the original.  I'm not too sure if that'd really fit into Guitar Hero. I agree with you on Dare though, that's a great song. What about Feel Good Inc.? They released that as a single and it'll be well known, although again I'm not sure if it'd 'go' in the game.
#75 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
@SuperMooseman: The remix is much better, but that annoys me as well. It may be because my brother and his partner would blast the shit out of that song whenever they visited and it drive me nuts. I would hear that song and "The Ballad of Chasey Lain" by the Bloodhoung Gang all the friggin' time! I love "Feel Good Inc.", but I'm not sure if it would fit in GH...and it's already going to be in DJ Hero (which I guess would make it more likely to be in GH too) so I'd like to see another song by them. Now I'm just thinking about how we need a new Gorillaz album already...COME ON DAMMIT!
#76 Posted by DK (66 posts) -

BODOM!!

#77 Posted by Coonfish (44 posts) -

DARKEST HOUR = purchase

#78 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Awesome, I like this list. I'm still a little sick of the distribution methods for rythem games, but w/e

#79 Posted by MSG (188 posts) -

I wonder which MY Morning Jacket track they picked.  If it's "One Big Holiday" I'm gonna have to give this at least a rental just to play that.

#80 Posted by FlipperDesert (2082 posts) -

Wow, recycled bands much? Third one in a row with Muse in.

And yes, I'd like some fries with that, Chad.

#81 Posted by xAbleAssassinx (199 posts) -

finally some british acts that arent muse or kaiser chiefs get some recognition, the younger british guys allways get ignored like attack attack, and arctic monkeys, and arctic monkeys have some of the best riffs out there, plus there drummers got a load of energy whcih will be fun to play

#82 Posted by borgmaster (513 posts) -

wait, beck? as in "Farewell Ride" beck? hell yeah. I'll rent this.

#83 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Oh nice, I totally dig Rolling Stones and Tom Petty on the list.

#84 Posted by ponyslayer (164 posts) -
@Milkman:   probably son of sam of something more dark from From a Basement on a Hill like coast to coast, though just mentioning that he going to be in it makes me want to buy this..
#85 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Yeah, as my post shows, I am a bit pissed at another iteration in the GH franchise, but there are some really good bands here.

#86 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

I'm not working for McDonalds! I watched that video a long time ago and loved it. Chad Kroeger is a jerk.

#87 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

Thats a long list

#88 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

Once more we need less pop and more rock/metal.

#89 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

Cool, Eagles Of Death Metal and Queens Of The Stone Age! Good artists in that list

#90 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -
KING CRIMSON AND JETHRO TULL ARE IN THE GAME THIS IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME!
#91 Posted by Djstyles92 (952 posts) -

meh...they couldnt get a better set list?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.