Instrument Only?

#1 Posted by Aurelito (721 posts) -

I hate these fags over at Activision. Why do I have to purchase their fucking useless guitar to play this game? I loved to play this game with console's own controller. are you going to buy one of their stupid unessential guitars to be able to play this game? well I'm not going to be a naive stupid.

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14564 posts) -

The whole point of the game is to play with the guitar controllers. I think if people want to play with a standard controller then OK, but they miss out on a lot of what makes music games special.

#3 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Why would you want to play it with a standard controller? Isn't the whole point using the guitars? I don't see why you would play it otherwise.

#4 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

its the whole point you nutcase

#5 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

I have to say I don't blame Activision for only providing instrument support for a game that is about playing instruments.

#6 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

You are asking why you need to purchase a guitar to play a game called Guitar Hero? Are you sure you're not a "naive stupid"?

#7 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
"

I have to say I don't blame Activision for only providing instrument support for a game that is about playing instruments.

"

You said it.
#8 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Have you actually ever tried playing Guitar Hero with a normal controller? It sucks that way.

#9 Posted by Mikemcn (7009 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
"Why would you want to play it with a standard controller? Isn't the whole point using the guitars? I don't see why you would play it otherwise. "

You dont have to strum on the controller, i played on expert with it once and actualy made it through the song (Which is fantastic for me.), its easier...... but ya its a stupid way to play, just buy a guitar and learn how to use it.
#10 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Just wait "Controller Hero" is out in a few weeks. The Halo3 soundtrack is DLC. It's gonna Rock!

#11 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I played the first Guitar Hero with the PS2 Dual Shock, and realized that you might as well not play a music game if you don't have the peripherals.

#12 Posted by Aurelito (721 posts) -

Well there's payment between me and guitar so I prefer controllers. but the truth is that they don't even ship their games here. I can pirate the game but I can't pirate a guitar can I? 
An I'm cool with controllers.

#13 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This topic is dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.