Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero 5

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

The fifth game in the core Guitar Hero franchise, and the third in the series from Activision and Neversoft. Though the game goes by the Guitar Hero moniker, it features full-band gameplay like its predecessor, Guitar Hero World Tour.

No Love for Activision

spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By spacetrucking
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Wow, that's pretty... wierd. I can't believe Love didn't get consulted on his appearence beforehand. If not then she prolly has my side in this. Mostly because it's Activision, and because watching Kurt singing Bon Jovi songs is painful.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Suicrat

Whatever, Courtney Love is a hypocritical, parasitic bitch. She has been funding her drug habits for years on the effort of Kurt Cobain, and that includes publishing his fucking diary. To me that is FAR worse than taking a 3D model and getting it to sing songs.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By flaminghobo

Activision do deserve it if they didn't even consult Courtney. 
    Even though I really don't like her, at least she's doing something right for once.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Good. I don't want Kurt Cobain rapping Flava Flav. It scares me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike
    @Suicrat: Exactly...fuck Courtney Love. 

That being said, I'm surprised no one has attached shotgun to the Kurt Cobain page yet.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mordukai

@MB said:

" @Suicrat: Exactly...fuck Courtney Love. 

That being said, I'm surprised no one has attached shotgun to the Kurt Cobain page yet. "

Taken from a Rolling Stone article posted in August 8th of this year.  

" Indeed, securing the proper approvals was no small feat. Not only did Cobain’s widow Courtney Love have to sign off on behalf of the estate, so did former drummer Dave Grohl and Primary Wave Publishing, which administers the Nirvana catalog. “There’s a lot of moving parts to something like this,” Riley explains. “But it was about timing, not an issue of resistance. We almost did it for World Tour, but we couldn’t get it together. Then after three years of working with the different parties, it was like the perfect storm.”
    Naturally, Love did have some concerns. Namely, Cobain’s physique, Riley reveals. “Courtney supplied us with photos and videos and knew exactly what she wanted Kurt to look like,” he says. “She picked the wardrobe and hair style, which turned out to be the ‘Teen Spirit’ look, then we went back and forth over changes — some subtle, some not so subtle.” In column B? Love’s reference to the Greek God Adonis, whose youthful good looks made the male deity an object of desire. “She certainly had a physical image in mind,” says Riley. “She wanted him to have that sort of athletic definition but not overly so.” And while Love has long had a reputation for being difficult, Riley’s experience was anything but. “She was actually great to work with,” he says. “She got back with comments pretty quickly.” 

So you can deduce two things from that.  
    1. Courtney Love was high/drunk the whole time she was working with the development team and only realized what she has done when she sobered up. 
    2. She is strapped for cash and is looking for more money and this whole issue will likely get resolved  by the two parties having some sort of "out of court" settlement i.e. Activision gave Courtney Love more money. 
    3. She is a complete moron who can't remember shit as a result from years of drug and alcohol abuse and she will end up dying from an OD after confessing to having murdered Kurt Cobain. 
    Well thats three things...LOL
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I can't imagine she'll win. Activision wouldn't have included him in the game if they didn't have a rock solid contract to be able to use his image rights.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By mordukai
    @MattyFTM said:
    " I can't imagine she'll win. Activision wouldn't have included him in the game if they didn't have a rock solid contract to be able to use his image rights. "
    It's another ploy from her to get more money. She did the same thing when she sued Grohl an Novoselic over the "You Know You're Right" song when they wanted to include it in the box set. Now I hate her more then ever as she made me side with Activision on this matter. She after more money, period. Thats what Cobain is to her, A money train. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.