Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero 5

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

The fifth game in the core Guitar Hero franchise, and the third in the series from Activision and Neversoft. Though the game goes by the Guitar Hero moniker, it features full-band gameplay like its predecessor, Guitar Hero World Tour.

ps3 controller wireless?

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By north6

Did they ever make gh (5) controller use bluetooth on ps3?  I remember there was a minor to-do about it when gh3 came out, and I'm trying to weigh ps3 vs 360 version now as I want to buy gh5 and and looking for a reason to lean either direction...

timay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By timay

If its like the Rock Band guitars then its wireless but not bluetooth so you need a dongle that uses a usb port. Don't know for sure though,

Munchlax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Munchlax

Yeah. Both the PS2 and PS3 controllers require a dongle in the USB port to connect the controllers to the system. The Wii and Xbox 360 versions don't need a dongle. If you're picking between the 360 and the PS3, pick the 360, for three reasons. 

1. The 360 version doesn't require a dongle.
    2. The 360 version can have your avatars as rockers.
    3. The 360 also has GH2 available to them.
    FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FartyMcNarly

They were lazy and didn't want to make two sets of controllers and bluetooth was probably more expensive. 

I'd get the ps3 version just to spite munchlax.

Munchlax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Munchlax

I've got the Wii version. I'd just assume that the 360 version is better due to those three things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.