Why don't the guitarists have guitar straps?

#1 Posted by HairyMike87 (1015 posts) -

The guitars just hang in mid air. Was it too expensive to have someone code the straps in?

#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Don't worry, more sequels will come in and maybe they'll pull you in with customizable guitar straps this time as well as their gradually evolutionary game-play with each new iteration in the series.

#3 Edited by MoistJohn (235 posts) -

I think GSE (that's Guitar Strap Engine) is a really complicated and intricate tool.

#4 Edited by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Maybe they're just that fucking good.

#5 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Because the Guitar Hero franchise is maintained by a bunch of non-musicians.

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Real guitar heroes don't even use the guitar straps. I never have, never will. Also, standing is for guitar losers.

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

It's hardly the end of the world. And not all guitarists use straps.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

Because being able to realistically render a thin strap with all that movement is hard. And, who cares?

#9 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I don't know, may the same reason why some trapeze artists dont use a net. No safety net is hardcore.

#10 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

They're wearing belts, that they mount guitars on...?

#11 Posted by Pie (7053 posts) -
@NinjaHunter said:
" Because being able to realistically render a thin strap with all that movement is hard. And, who cares? "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.