why the hell isnt bohmemian rhapsody in the track list?!?!?!

#1 Posted by joshy9411 (310 posts) -

its been years since the the release of the original guitar hero on the ps2, and there have been some great, and not so great additions to the numerous sequels track list. 

now with the release of the 5th just around the corner, im baffled that the song bohemian rhapsody hasnt been included....i mean the guitar solo in that song is amazing, and i could more than see it being a fun song to play in guitar hero. so why..........just why?
#2 Posted by Alex_V (615 posts) -

They can't just put any track they like on there, they have to negotiate with the rights owner.

#3 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

Queen is coming to Rock Band soon so....

#4 Posted by Jeust (10745 posts) -
@joshy9411 said:
" its been years since the the release of the original guitar hero on the ps2, and there have been some great, and not so great additions to the numerous sequels track list.  now with the release of the 5th just around the corner, im baffled that the song bohemian rhapsody hasnt been included....i mean the guitar solo in that song is amazing, and i could more than see it being a fun song to play in guitar hero. so why..........just why? "
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" Queen is coming to Rock Band soon so.... "
Because of a sequel. :p 

What else? 
#5 Posted by tooPrime (345 posts) -

I like bohemian rhapsody as much as the next guy, but come on the song is half piano and overdubbed vocals.  I like that song but I've heard it so much at this point, that song isn't even my favorite song on Night at the Opera.  Now March of the Black Queen would be fantastic...

#6 Posted by Creamypies (4075 posts) -

I'd much rather have Stairway To Heaven than Bohemian Rhapsody. But seeing as I'm not getting any more Guitar Hero games, I hope it comes to Rock Band haha.

#7 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

That's a great song but it wouldn't do well in a rhythm game. Although it will be in the inevitable GH/RB: Queen.

#8 Posted by iAmJohn (6128 posts) -

Because the song would be boring as fuck to play.

#9 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" Because the song would be boring as fuck to play. "
but it sure would be epic to sing it. :P
#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (16016 posts) -

Because.

#11 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -

Licensing!? Wuzzat??

#12 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Cause it isn't.

#13 Posted by DrainDeimo (120 posts) -

Isn't it on singstar: Queen? I can't wait to get that game.

#14 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Because neither Guitar Hero or Rockband have piano peripherals. Yet.

#15 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Look at All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix. It's gotta be the most requested song in GH history. It's like the ultimate song everybody wants. Still nothing. We get the Bob Dylan version of it in GH5. Unfortunately, I happen to think Bob Dylan's version of it kind of sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.