A rhythm game that's worth getting for the guitar gameplay alone?

#1 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -

The last game I purchased in the rhythm genre was Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock., I loved the hell out of it. I then went on to buy Guitar Hero II and while I didn't love it so much, I still enjoyed playing it. Now with Guitar Hero pretty much becoming  Rock Band's cousin, I was wondering if any of the new "Guitar Hero"/Rock Band games were worth buying for the guitar gameplay alone. I don't have any room in my house at the moment for a plastic drum kit, and would like to venture again in to the rhythm genre.

Any thoughts?

#2 Edited by Creamypies (4091 posts) -
@FlamingHobo: Guitar Hero: Metallica
#3 Posted by Vitefish (445 posts) -
@creamypies said:
" Guitar Hero: Metallica "
This.
#4 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -

I play Rock Band 2 with no drums, and I love it.

#5 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -
@creamypies said:
" @FlamingHobo: Guitar Hero: Metallica "
Give me some songs dude. I know Metallica, but not the kickass setlist that might be there.
#6 Posted by Demodocus (237 posts) -
#7 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

I think it'd be worth it if you like the track list enough. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for just the guitar parts. But I'd recommend getting Rock Band 2 so you can pick and choose from it's ridiculous catalogue of songs.

#8 Posted by Dethfish (3698 posts) -
Setlist is also here

GH: Metallica is my favorite GH to play. The setlist is pretty fun to play, especially if you like a challenge.
#9 Posted by Bear (247 posts) -
@Themanohall said:
" I play Rock Band 2 with no drums, and I love it. "
I, too, enjoyed Rock Band 2 using the guitar only.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.