Anyone miss Controller Hero?

#1 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

Anyone miss when you could play GH games with the standard controller? Me and my mates used to have loads of fun playig on hard and expert with the controller, reminded me of frequency or amplitude. Haven't bought a GH game since they took the feature out. Anyone else with me on this or am I a total freak?

#2 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Why play with a controller when you can play with a guitar? Makes no sense to me.

#3 Posted by Twazuk (178 posts) -
@Twilight said:
" Why play with a controller when you can play with a guitar? Makes no sense to me. "
Because some people only have one guitar between two people.
I was really disappointed when I tried one of the demos and couldn't use the controller. :(
#4 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I used to play it like that when I had Guitar Hero 2 with no Guitar controller 

But then I bought Rock Band and got the full kit and I havent really missed it, its way more fun then playing it with the standard controller

#5 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

It's better with a guitar controller but I agree with you, it was a different kind of fun with a controller (not the Wii one tho, that was a bunch of fuck)

#6 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

no

#7 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:
" It's better with a guitar controller but I agree with you, it was a different kind of fun with a controller (not the Wii one tho, that was a bunch of fuck) "
^This

It is a different kind of frantic fun, anyone who has played games like Frequency will agree with me. Also I'm actually better at the game with the controller, clearedGH on hard with it and got to the end of expert with it (Raining Blood was too much for me though :p)
#8 Posted by karakuchi (22 posts) -

I remember when it was just Frequency and Amplitude.
#9 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I tried playing with the controller, but I always felt the buttons were so poorly mapped that it was very awkward and more difficult than necessary.

#10 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" I tried playing with the controller, but I always felt the buttons were so poorly mapped that it was very awkward and more difficult than necessary. "
i know that's how I felt about it at first but once you get used to it you realise it couldn't be mapped any better, and yes that includes hitting the A button for orange, works really well when you're freakishly good at it!
#11 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

I used the controller to play the Guitar Hero 3 demo and I played that demo quite a bit. However, when I got the full game I started playing with the guitar controller and I found it so much better that I never went back.

#12 Posted by Tebbit (4472 posts) -

Playing those games with a PS3 controller is the worst, my L2 just broke after a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.