#1 Posted by Danog (3 posts) -

Was thinking about finding out how well people are doing in GH3

Easy - 100%
Medium - 100%
Hard - 100%
Expert - Raining Blood, Devil boss battle remaining

How's everyone else going?

#2 Posted by Spike (5 posts) -

I'm stuck on that damn boss battle on expert, the devil always gets me by the second powerup.

#3 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -

I beat all careers in december 07 or so but I just 5 starred raining blood two days ago.... felt damn nice, still need to 5* some bonus songs but I don't think I can play TTFAF that well.
And spike, for the boss battle you have to get lucky and get the whammy powerup in the first battle power phrase and then throw it on lou when he has the super fast green notes. He'll fail in 1 second :).

#4 Posted by Cdw01 (2 posts) -

I cleared every difficulty months ago. Still need to 5* Before I Forget and Raining Blood to get the achievement for 5-starring expert career, though. Also haven't 5-starred FCPREMIX, Take This Life, The Way It Ends, or even passed Through the Fire and Flames for the bonus songs.

#5 Posted by BlackCurtain (60 posts) -

I've passed every difficulty. Have not 5* everything on expert yet though, nor passed TTFAF, although I'm working on the ladder.

#6 Posted by GameFreak315 (151 posts) -

I've five-starred all of expert except for "Raining Blood" (on the regular setlist), and I need to pass "Through the Fire and Flames."  I keep failing at like 83%.  >_<

#7 Posted by Nightkiller93 (174 posts) -

5 stars on Expert and Hard, i simply never bothered with easy or medium.Too slow for my liking.

#8 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

5 starred everything but Raining Blood (which sits there with its four stars, taunting me), completed Through the Fire and Flames. Basically, I've beaten the game in every way possible.

#9 Posted by BlackCurtain (60 posts) -
GameFreak315 said:
"

I've five-starred all of expert except for "Raining Blood" (on the regular setlist), and I need to pass "Through the Fire and Flames."  I keep failing at like 83%.  >_<

"
Hehe, me too. That song is hard. The "What the?" section is correctly titled. :P
#10 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

I'm stuck on Raining Blood on expert. Pisses me off.

#11 Posted by Colonel0Crunkenstein (46 posts) -

Need 5 stars on Raining Blood, Number of the Beast, and Cliffs of Dover, and I'm happy to say that I beat Through The Fire and The Flames on multiple occasions.  I didn't think the game was really even that good, so I never did the other difficulties except for expert.

So- Expert: 100%

I prefer Rock Band

#12 Posted by Danog (3 posts) -

yea i want rockband, but living in new zealand rockband 2 and guitar hero world tour will probably be released b4 we even see rockband 1

#13 Posted by Lozz (307 posts) -

Currently have 5 stars on everything but Raining Blood, Ive beat every song on expert and have 12 FC's also on expert. Raining Blood just gets to me and I never want to play it again.

#14 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Easy and Medium - 100%
Hard - Last tier, can't complete Number Of The Beast or Raining Blood
Expert - Up to 3rd tier

#15 Posted by HistoryInRust (6276 posts) -

I'm currently stuck at the game's most glaring design misnomer -- the boss battle against Lou on expert.

Seriously.  Take the (arguably) hardest song in the game, throw it into the battle system in which the AI never misses without being provoked, and give the boss the first power up, which is, more often than not, entirely too powerful.

I really, really disliked Guitar Hero III for the most part.  GRRR.

#16 Edited by Jpizzle (1 posts) -

I've 5 starred every song in the game non-dlc.  slayer and TTFAF included :D (expert of course)

E-Peen +1

#17 Posted by Zoidy (187 posts) -

Have 5 starred all of expert except for TTFAF and I have 56 100% FCs on expert.

On the brink of 3 or 4 more FCs and dumb mistakes/SP stop the 5* on TTFAF. I'm still practicing.

#18 Posted by Fiveoutafive (62 posts) -

Need to beat Lou on hard and am stuck on the Live in Japan Tier on expert

#19 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I've beaten it on Easy and Medium, but I still haven't beaten it on Hard yet.

#20 Posted by Shaunage (694 posts) -

5 Starred on expert about 2 weeks after release. Still can't 5 star TTFAF.

#21 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6289 posts) -

Beat TTFAF a month or so ago, can't five star Raining Blood though, and I still have FCPREMIX, Take This Life, TTFAF, and The Way it Ends to five star. Oh, and I still can't pass TDWDTG....

#22 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

100% on easy and medium. I'm up to Lou on Hard (I cant get past the bastard) .. I've done like 16 songs on Expert too..

#23 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Just can't 5 star TTFAF and TDWDTG

#24 Posted by sociald1077 (263 posts) -

I am up to Live in Japan on Hard. My fingers just are not nimble enough to get any of the songs at that point.

#25 Posted by fitzer101 (6 posts) -
Jpizzle said:
"I've 5 starred every song in the game non-dlc.  slayer and TTFAF included :D (expert of course)

E-Peen +1
"
Damn that's a big e-peen!! I'm not quite the same as you, haha I still need to 5 star Raining Blood on Expert. It's driving me crazy, I'm like 40k off the 5 star cut off, there's no way I can see myself getting it to be honest...
#26 Posted by guiseppe (2838 posts) -

Completed all difficulties, five starred everything on easy, medium and hard. I still can't beat TTAF on expert, intro kills me :P.

#27 Posted by BranDong (238 posts) -

I greet 100% with everything you just said.  I'm really dreading playing Lou Battle on expert.. It took man many attempts just to beat his punk ass on HARD.  It felt like I had a sky scraper lifted off my shoulders when I finally beat him on hard.    I don't think the boss battles should be made mandatory to beat the game. 

#28 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

Love this game, but so far i just managed playing the game on medium, unlike my gf she plays on expert and is stuck on the last tier.

#29 Posted by Hewkii (190 posts) -

I don't like Hard. or Expert, naturally.

#30 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

5* all songs on expert. Didn't take too long though.
couple of weeks

#31 Posted by Woffls (127 posts) -

I've completed all the careers.

I still havn't 5*'d One on Hard or Expert because of the Darkness Riff.
Also havn't 5*'d Raining Blood on Expert for obvious reasons ¬_¬

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.