College Hoops Coaches vs. Metallica

Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -
I think this ad for Guitar Hero: Metallica would have been better if it were the same foursome from the Guitar Hero: World Tour ads. But that probably says more about my total cluelessness when it comes to college hoops than anything else. All I know is that Coach K was in a 16-bit college basketball game that I didn't play.

Let's! Watch!

NEXT WEEK WE'LL LOOK AT A TOTALLY SICK 'CUDA TUNE INNNNNAAAHHHHH
I actually think that's a pretty great ad. But you know, it really bears repeating--any game that asks me to put on pants automatically has two strikes against it. Also, is it just me, or does James Hetfield look like he should be hosting some sort of car show about mad-built Mopar motors on the Speed network? There's something about his short hair and goatee look that just screams "OH YEEEEEAHAH LISTEN TO THAT BIG, LOPING CAM" to me.

Read more about Metallica and Guitar Hero on the game's official site. Read more about sick-ass loping cams at MOST OUTSTANDING PARTS ALWAYS RADICAL DOT COM.

OK, that's not actually a web site. By law and by virtue of the blogger's code, I'd be misleading you if I didn't come out and say that. But if you're looking to start a Mopar fan site, feel free to register that URL and use it. You have my permission. I'm totally not just padding this out so the photo and caption look slightly less out-of-place. Guitar Hero: Metallica is in stores now.
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3336 posts) -
I think this ad for Guitar Hero: Metallica would have been better if it were the same foursome from the Guitar Hero: World Tour ads. But that probably says more about my total cluelessness when it comes to college hoops than anything else. All I know is that Coach K was in a 16-bit college basketball game that I didn't play.

Let's! Watch!

NEXT WEEK WE'LL LOOK AT A TOTALLY SICK 'CUDA TUNE INNNNNAAAHHHHH
I actually think that's a pretty great ad. But you know, it really bears repeating--any game that asks me to put on pants automatically has two strikes against it. Also, is it just me, or does James Hetfield look like he should be hosting some sort of car show about mad-built Mopar motors on the Speed network? There's something about his short hair and goatee look that just screams "OH YEEEEEAHAH LISTEN TO THAT BIG, LOPING CAM" to me.

Read more about Metallica and Guitar Hero on the game's official site. Read more about sick-ass loping cams at MOST OUTSTANDING PARTS ALWAYS RADICAL DOT COM.

OK, that's not actually a web site. By law and by virtue of the blogger's code, I'd be misleading you if I didn't come out and say that. But if you're looking to start a Mopar fan site, feel free to register that URL and use it. You have my permission. I'm totally not just padding this out so the photo and caption look slightly less out-of-place. Guitar Hero: Metallica is in stores now.
Staff
#2 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

The Guitar HEEEERO!!

#3 Posted by Metiphis (388 posts) -

I like the Metallica version better where they blow up the house.

#4 Posted by JackiJinx (3083 posts) -

But old men shouldn't have to wear pants =(

#5 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

They have diapers on too so its ok to not wear pants

#6 Posted by Deusx (1879 posts) -

First... or not...

#7 Posted by Undeadpool (4865 posts) -

Hetfield and the chin beard, a duo that time itself can't separate.

#8 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

haha i liked it James Hetfield is built for rock and roll its awesome

#9 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -

Haha thats awesome.

#10 Posted by MeatSim (10597 posts) -

That's genius advertising. 

#11 Posted by Death_Burnout (3767 posts) -

Your picture captions never cease to amaze me Jeff.

#12 Posted by WholeFunShow (342 posts) -

I didn't get it, but I can live with that.

#13 Posted by flamarlins26 (3 posts) -

pretty funny

#14 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

Um, Jeff...sorry, man...but that commercial is infinitely cooler than just about ANYTHING just because it has Matt Pinfield doing voice-over on it...

...and I love my 120 Minutes, fool!!!
#15 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11001 posts) -

That was actually a pretty good ad.

#16 Edited by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -

i hate lars, biggest dork on the planet. but that commercial was awesome. way better than the one with michael phelps and kobe bryant etc. 

but im tired of this, i cant wait to see The Beatles: Rock Band adds. 
#17 Posted by MegaDaffy (83 posts) -

"it means you better put some pants on POPS!" LOL!

James Hetfield is awesome!

#18 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

not too bad

#19 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

That's a pretty funny commercial, love how Bobby Knight says "we're playing the guitar heeero"

#20 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

Saw this during the UNC game yesterday. Though I have no interest in the game, the advertisement is pretty much perfect. About 9 ALSDJKF-illion people watch these basketball games, and I'm guessing that most of them had a fun accident in the pants when they saw this.

#21 Posted by the_purgatory_station (394 posts) -

lol  good one

#22 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"i hate lars, biggest dork on the planet. but that commercial was awesome. way better than the one with michael phelps and kobe bryant etc. 

but im tired of this, i cant wait to see The Beatles: Rock Band adds. 
"
and why do you hate lars? except for no valid reason beyond the whole napster thing which he had a point or that he makes more money then you and is one of the better drummers in the past 30 years.
#23 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

I didn't see this one, but I did see the one where they blow up the house. Still both are entertaining. 

#24 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

I totally don't find the Guitar Hero commercials funny, at all. I don't care if it's Metallica or Heidi  Klum, it still sucks ass.

#25 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6270 posts) -

Dassum funny shit right thur.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.