Guitar Hero: Metallica To Have Double Bass Support

• 65 results
Posted by Jeff (3678 posts) -
METAL UP YOUR ASS
Nick Chester over at Destructoid has rounded up the first batch of meaningful details on Activision's next band-focused Guitar Hero game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. So far, it sounds like a World Tour-based update that follows the standard feature set you'd expect, along with a similar level of band focus that you saw in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

The coolest-sounding addition to the game is a new drum difficulty called Expert Plus that is specifically made for people who two kick pedals. Official double bass support seems like one of those things that should have happened awhile ago, and the Metallica catalog is probably perfect for that sort of enhancement.

The game will also have Metallica-tinged takes on the GHTunes song creation tools and an array of video and trivia about the band.

Here's the song list so far, including tracks from Metallica and other acts.

Metallica

• Enter Sandman
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls
  • Fuel
  • Hit the Lights
  • King Nothing
  • Master of Puppets
  • No Leaf Clover
  • Nothing Else Matters
  • Sad But True
  • The Unforgiven
  • Where I May Roam

Songs from other, non-Metallica bands will include:

• Alice in Chains - No Excuses
  • Bob Seger - Turn the Page
  • Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
  • Kyuss - Demon Cleaner
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesdays Gone
  • Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
  • Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready
  • Samhain - Mother of Mercy
  • The Sword - Black River
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3678 posts) -
METAL UP YOUR ASS
Nick Chester over at Destructoid has rounded up the first batch of meaningful details on Activision's next band-focused Guitar Hero game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. So far, it sounds like a World Tour-based update that follows the standard feature set you'd expect, along with a similar level of band focus that you saw in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

The coolest-sounding addition to the game is a new drum difficulty called Expert Plus that is specifically made for people who two kick pedals. Official double bass support seems like one of those things that should have happened awhile ago, and the Metallica catalog is probably perfect for that sort of enhancement.

The game will also have Metallica-tinged takes on the GHTunes song creation tools and an array of video and trivia about the band.

Here's the song list so far, including tracks from Metallica and other acts.

Metallica

• Enter Sandman
  • For Whom the Bell Tolls
  • Fuel
  • Hit the Lights
  • King Nothing
  • Master of Puppets
  • No Leaf Clover
  • Nothing Else Matters
  • Sad But True
  • The Unforgiven
  • Where I May Roam

Songs from other, non-Metallica bands will include:

• Alice in Chains - No Excuses
  • Bob Seger - Turn the Page
  • Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
  • Kyuss - Demon Cleaner
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesdays Gone
  • Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
  • Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready
  • Samhain - Mother of Mercy
  • The Sword - Black River
Staff
#2 Posted by TrulyAlive (911 posts) -

Sold! on the basis that this game has Lynyrd Skynyrd.

#3 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

The Metallica covers of Turn The Page and Tuesday's Gone are pretty decent in their own right, so at least those songs make sense to put in this game.  GH:Aerosmith tried to use relevant non-Aerosmith songs in there, but they didn't really fit.

#4 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

lars remains the biggest dork on the planet

#5 Posted by sociald1077 (263 posts) -

Sounds like a pretty good set list so far. Can't wait to see the whole thing, we need some Harvester of Sorrows, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Hero of the Day.

This is difiantly on my To Buy list.

#6 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6312 posts) -

Awesome. The inclusion of No Leaf Clover is surprising but great nonetheless, I love how they're sampling their entire discography instead of just focusing on pre-black album material (not that it's bad, it's just that I find Load to be a severely underappreciated album). I will assume that Death Magnetic is forward compatible with this game as well.....?

#7 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

They should have just opted for a "Metal" guitar hero instead of a Metallica game.

#8 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

hmm...definitely not getting this.

#9 Posted by Zinc (200 posts) -

The song list so far is pretty good, but I know the game itself will suck like Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

#10 Posted by Dude_What (68 posts) -

Kyuss = tempted....

#11 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

I dub thee unforgiven.

#12 Posted by Sephiroth9997 (265 posts) -

Fuck yeah  \m/

#13 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -

What? no Megadeth? :-)

#14 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"lars remains the biggest dork on the planet"
based upon? hes still a great drummer there is no real reason think of him as a dork.
#15 Posted by stellaproiectura (48 posts) -

I thought you were talking about upright bass, not dual bass pedals...

#16 Posted by KingOfIceland (655 posts) -

The Double Bass Pedal and "Expert Plus Mode" support sound like a perfect fit for Meshuggah's "Bleed"

#17 Posted by SkipT (50 posts) -

I hope Thin Lizzy's version of Whiskey in a Jar is included. That's another song that Metallica covered well in my opinion.

#18 Posted by borgmaster (515 posts) -

if Fade to Black isn't in that game I'm not getting it...

#19 Posted by ValiantGoat (379 posts) -

A Kyuss song in GH? Holly hell, I'm afraid...

#20 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

The songlist interests me, but I'm not sure if it is worth $60. Also, will RB2 instruments work with it, like World Tour?

#21 Posted by killawogg (222 posts) -

i will be buying this game . wonder if the guitar will have a metallica faceplate??

still i think they need somemore songs which im sure they are not done with, seek and destroy,  hell they have nothing from   and justice for all....  on there wtf?!?!?   lets hope harvester is on the game
#22 Posted by AnEternalEnigma (286 posts) -

I have never supported a game centered around one band and will continue that stance. The ship has sailed on Guitar Hero anyways.

#23 Posted by PLWolf (950 posts) -

How bout some Am I Evil, Seek and Destroy, anything from Ride the Lightning, and And Justice For All.

#24 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Kyuss! Fuck yes!

Man, that better be just a fourth of the Metallica songs they have in this game, cause that is severely lacking.
Of course, I have a battered wife syndrome with Metallica so I'll come back and pay for more of their stuff no matter what.

#25 Posted by RandomCheese (1 posts) -

Kyuss and Mastodon?

Intriguing.

#26 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

A bit too many songs from the post Justice catalog.  Unless they dig deeper into the Megaforce stuff I'll just rent it, actually I'll just rent it anyway.  Music games aren't worth buying any more when you can play every song in a few hours.

Oh, and "Am I Evil" was a cover so I doubt they'll dig up whoever is still alive from Diamond Head to secure the rights, same with Blitzkrieg, Breadfan, and the other covers they are notorious for.

#27 Posted by Lozz (311 posts) -

Double bass support makes me wish I could play drums. I'll still buy this anyway.

#28 Posted by F1 (346 posts) -

Activision, TAKE MY MONEY NOW! You had me at Double Bass Drum support, and Mastodon, and all those great Metallica songs! I should have gotten this instead of World Tour!

#29 Posted by DECA555 (400 posts) -

fuckin A

#30 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1085 posts) -

Nice! I like a soundtrack with more heavy metal and less, well, everything else.

#31 Posted by Rourkey (180 posts) -

This Game has blood and thunder. SOLD

#32 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Looks great, Metallica is one of my favorite bands. Plus great bands like Mastodon and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I will be getting this for sure. 

#33 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -

This is the first time ive seen a list related to Rock band/ Guitar Hero and had no problem what so ever.

#34 Posted by MigElite (11 posts) -

Whiskey In The Jar pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

#35 Posted by Bonesofwar (262 posts) -

Yay, now there are two bass pedals that can snap in half!

#36 Posted by Mustard (173 posts) -

I think it's Wherever I may roam...no?

#37 Posted by Hef (1159 posts) -

I wouldn't mind playing bass if it was Burton. I think it's a pretty good idea to include that, though nothing really ground-breaking.

#38 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -

Damn, I was hoping the song list would be "meh" enough I wouldn't want to buy it, but then they had to go and put some Skynyrd in it.  Fuck you Activision!  Now I have to buy it  :s

#39 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Perhaps the double-bass support and this mediocre excuse for heavy music will open the competitive floodgate for actual metal in these games.

#40 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1243 posts) -

Rent for me. Too many 90s Metallica songs, but looks solid nonetheless. I do love me some mastodon though

#41 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Double bass? Metallica?

LOLWUT

#42 Posted by usedtype (96 posts) -

I don't much care for a lot of Metallica's catalogue, but they do have some good stuff.  The real highlight?  Bob Seger's Turn the Page!  That is way awesome.  Now all the people only familiar with Metallica's so-so cover can hear the REAL version of that song.

#43 Posted by Roger_Klotz (804 posts) -

How about some Misfits. "Die, Die my Darling" or "Last Caress" would totally have me buy this.

#44 Posted by Psykhophear (944 posts) -

OH YEAH!!! I was disappointed when the previous Guitar Hero games didn't have any Metallica tunes in them (I think they did have one but man, that ain't enough) but now my wish has come true. Double Bass pedal? Hell yeah!!! Most of my favs of there but I hope they have Battery, I Disappear, The Memory Remains and Blackened.

#45 Posted by dvorak (1497 posts) -

If it doesn't have Four Horsemen off of Kill 'em all, their first album, this game will be meaningless. That could potentially be the hardest song ever in a retail rhythm game. It would be more difficult than those wacky Japanese scrolling shooters where there is more bullets than space to move in.

#46 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

as a sworn metallica fan I can not but be happy

#47 Posted by GaZZuM (445 posts) -

So forgive my confusion but if I have yet to buy World Tour I'm assuming I can still buy this and just use the Guitar Hero 3 guitar? If so I'm sticking £50 under my mattress right now and it's staying there until release day.

#48 Posted by Metamorphic (383 posts) -

I would have bought it if it was Rock Band: Metallica.

#49 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

lars is a shit drummer, he uses the same crappy beat for every song, just changes the tempo.........metalica suck

#50 Posted by Darknesszora (38 posts) -

Finally a gh that has heaps of hard songs

im getting this for sure

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.