Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits is a compilation of some of the most popular songs from previous titles. This time, all songs are master recordings, and there is full band support for each track.

All Tracks Announced

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

IGN let slip the entire setlist for GH: Smash Hits.  The wiki article lists them all, but here are the new ones from GH80s and a surprise inclusion from GH:A.

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s

* Anthrax - "Caught In A Mosh"
    * Extreme - "Play With Me"
    * Judas Priest - "Electric Eye"
    * Poison - "Nothin' But A Good Time"
    * Ratt - "Round and Round"
    * Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock"

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

* Aerosmith - "Back In The Saddle"

These seem like good tracks to choose from GH80s, overall, but there's one glaring ommission: New Wave.  These are all metal and glam metal tracks.  They should have gone with Only A Lad, I Ran (So Far Away), or Turning Japanese at the very least.

Cool, I guess, that an Aerosmith track made it in, but whatever.  I would rather have had the original version of Walk This Way.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

They're missing flock of seagulls - best song on RT80s, and possibly every guitar hero game.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Timma1083

I Ran, Turning Japanese and Seventeen are the biggest omissions I see from that list. Shame, all of those would've been a blast, especially on vocals. Only a Lad would've been great too, since it was one of my favorites from that game. Oh well.

Play With Me is going to be epic. Same with Caught in the Mosh.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Blueprint12

Aww, dang it I was hoping if an Aerosmith song made it, King of Rock would of been on there.  Vocals ftw!

Also sucks that Hangar 18, Jordan, Paint It Black, Misirlou, and Institutionalized didn't make it on there.  Hope Rock Band can get Rust in Peace at least.

plumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By plumeria

I have absolutely no understanding for the exclusion of Guns'n'Roses - Sweet Child of Mine. How does that awesome hit not make the cut?!

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @plumeria:  The fact that Axl isn't letting people get their hands on the old GnR anymore.
    plumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By plumeria

That's just terribly sad and I'd wish Axl would grow to realize that Guns N' Roses was and not is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.