Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

The sixth core entry in Activision's Guitar Hero series represents the last entry developed by Neversoft.

Megadeth's "Sudden Death" Nominated for Grammys

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

I hadn't gotten around to the Grammys list until now, and while I find the Grammys to be reprehensible (especially in the metal category where the same five bands get nominated every year it seems), a song exclusive to a video game has received a Grammy nomination. 

Megadeth's "Sudden Death", recorded exclusively for the game Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, is nominated in the Best Metal Performance category at this year's Grammy Awards.  It sits alongside Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Korn, and Slayer as competition. 

Kind of interesting to see that a song exclusive to a video game (how exclusive that is, I have no idea) getting nominated for a Grammy.  It's not the only one this year, however, as the main theme from Civilization IV (under its actual name and such) also got nominated.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jonnyboy

"..and the Grammy for most broken fingers goes to..."

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai
    @jakob187: Dave Mustaine says "jesus Loves You".
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Haven't heard it nor the category's other nominated songs. But wow those acts are old, the youngest of which is Lamb of God. The whole awards show is amazingly out of touch with that entire branch of music.

I'm betting it'll probably be Iron Maiden since they're the most ancient of the nominees and closer to retirement.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

In a year that saw releases like: 

• All That Remains - For We Are Many
    • Demon Hunter - The World is a Thorn
    • Fear Factory - Mechanize
    • As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise
    • Periphery
    • Soulfly - Omen
    • Marc Rizzo - Legionnaire

...it just seems like there are so many acts that get ignored because...oh, the legends are here.  Mind you, I thought the new Megadeth and Slayer albums were great, but hell...there isn't even an award for Best Metal Album.  It's just "hey, we're pick five songs from bands that we have heard of and just nominate them". 

Every once in a while, they throw a wild card in there.  Regardless, the wild card typically gets forgotten. 

Also, the Hard Rock Performance category is a bit of a joke.  Good to see Soundgarden and Them Crooked Vultures in it, but I can't say I feel some of the nominees are "hard rock".  Hell, where the fuck are DEFTONES?  I mean, seriously, Deftones put out their best album since Around The Fur, and not a SINGLE nomination?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.