Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Anyone else have issues with the audio?

Vacancy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vacancy009

Is it just me or does the audio just not sound right?  Maybe I am just to used to rock band with the crowd in the background and it actually feeling like a show and the game in general sounding louder. The gameplay and set list are fine, I just don't feel as immersed in the experience as I do with RB.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Joru

I've seen some people saying the audio doesn't seem to have the quality of the other games but this is completely unconfirmed. Oh and from experience I can say that all of Harmonix's games have higher volume in general. I have to turn my speakers up a bit when I turn on guitar hero.

OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By OfficialJab

There had better not be problems...I've been waiting for GHWT for EVER it seems.

Vacancy009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vacancy009

Well I think the sound quality is fine (could be louder though).  I think sound is just to "clean" which actually fits with what GH has always done as being a guitar simulator and it worked.  Yes your character on stage was in a band and on stage, but the object was to play it so well it sounded like it did on the CD.   RB did an excellent job of taking master tracks and somewhat distorting them and adding crowd noise making it into a "live" experience.  GHWT is good,  but  the differences in the audio presentation make it harder for me to get immersed in .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.