Controller problems (PS3)

#1 Posted by Karn (690 posts) -

So I have no idea how to connect the controller to the ps3. I hit the magical ps button which causes it to light up for a few seconds and then goes blank. Same thing with the drums.

#2 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

plug in the usb jack ?

#3 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

Why is this in the GH WT page

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

You have to press the PS button and the button on the receiver for the guitar at the same time. I think.

#5 Posted by Karn (690 posts) -

Whats the receiver?

#6 Posted by Pictoben (63 posts) -

Hmm I'm having problems also - I recently picked up a copy of GH: Aerosmith (hey, it was reasonably priced, ok?) and just went on to but Word Tour Today. 

Now the Aerosmith bundled guitar is to my mind, just the standard GH3 era controller, and should from what I've read smattered aruond the internet (in places like Joysiq (here: http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/ ) be working with World Tour. 

Grand. Except it blatantly doesn't The received being mentioned above needs to be pressed the first time you pair a guitar controller with it, after that it's auto-pairing. So the controller works fine in the PS3 menus, but there's just nothing to be had within the game (excepting that the PS Home button works like normal, then all the guitar controls can browse the menus just like usual). 

This is a clear compatibility issue, it sucks, and is generally why I game with consoles and not PCs. Nice one Activision. You douchebags. 

I'm giving it a few days of looking for a solution, then I'm selling the lot used.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.