Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Damn Vocals

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Is it just me, or is the singing in GH:WT much harder than in Rock Band 1/2? I actually sing in real life--used to be the lead singer of a band, actually (nothing special, trust me)--and do very well in both Rock Band games, but I've been failing again and again in GH:WT. Seems I either sing too loud or not loud enough...I can't reach that sweet spot. I'm suing the Rock Band mic; not sure if that makes a difference.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By keyhunter

The rock band mic is of high quality. I use it to yell at people in voice chat channels on my PC with clarity.
    In rock band the singing was easy because all you have to do is match the pitch, like in any game of its type. Perhaps World tour wants you to actually sing well, not just match pitches? Either that or the game is busted and sucks at telling if you're matching the pitch. Or you're a terrible singer.

Either way, it wouldn't be unlike the World tour software to suck balls. I've been hearing bad things about it.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I don't get why people play this game when clearly Rock band 200x is better.

Just go back to playing Rock band. Sing some Rush or something. (Bad example.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It just blows not being able to sing "Beat It" (which isn't in Rock Band 1 or 2, and probably never will be now) because the damn game thinks I can't match the song's pitch--which is bullshit.

keyhunter
    said:

"Or you're a terrible singer."
    Trust me, that ain't the prob.

The sad thing is that I actually prefer the guitar parts in this game to Rock Band (surprise, surprise). It just feels better somehow. I can't say if the drums are better or worse, because I didn't get the full set, and my Rock Band drums got trashed a few weeks ago (haven't had the chance to replace them with the new wireless drums yet).
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By keyhunter

Pressing buttons to the beat of music isn't fun anyways.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Timma1083

I've had the same problem. I feel like I'm right on pitch, and the game says I'm a little too high or a little too low.

Also, may I ask how I didn't break combo once and only got 99% on No Sleep Till Brooklyn? Seriously people.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
    MagusMaleficus said:
    "I'm suing the Rock Band mic; not sure if that makes a difference."
    Things have gotten so bad in this world that we're suing instruments.  People weren't enough, were they, Magus?  WERE THEY?!
    lol

I don't do the singing on games because they don't have enough songs with Cookie Monster growls.  Case in point:  http://www.myspace.com/embracethevillain
    Crzza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Crzza

I can't get either to work so I dunno.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.