Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

drums work with module?

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

ive been looking around for info on the specs f the drums. i want to know if there is midi out or something.
    id like to be able to plug it into my drum module, then i could use them as electronic drums.
    i think the rockband $$ drums work with drum modules but if i dont think i want to spend that much.

cascadianduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cascadianduder

I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure it uses the same simple module that the rock band stock kit uses. But with some creative wire work you can actually wire each pad to what ever style connector your brain uses (my TD-6V uses 3.5mm audio cables for the triggers). But all and all nether the rock band set or the guitar hero set perform very well as actual drums, they aren't quite as accurate as I'd like them to be (maybe it was just my wiring job, but I doubt it, the triggers are simple mechanical ones).

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

JihadJoe said:
    "I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure it uses the same simple module that the rock band stock kit uses. But with some creative wire work you can actually wire each pad to what ever style connector your brain uses (my TD-6V uses 3.5mm audio cables for the triggers). But all and all nether the rock band set or the guitar hero set perform very well as actual drums, they aren't quite as accurate as I'd like them to be (maybe it was just my wiring job, but I doubt it, the triggers are simple mechanical ones)."
    ya, i dont want to open the drums up and put some piezos or something in there. i looked at the rockband 2 300$ drums. they can be wired to a module! i might get them not as a rockband drum set but as a electronic drum set. 300$ is kinda steep for a controller but for an actual set of edrums i think its a good deal. i hope its as good as ion says it is though. have to wait for reviews.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.