Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

GH: WT and RB2 compatibility on Wii?

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Hyuzen

We've seen the 360 and the PS3 announcements that the instruments will be compatible with both games (and rock revolution as well) but to my knowledge Nintendo hasn't made any such announcement. Do you think that Nintendo will? Or, if they already have made that announcement could someone please tell me or provide a link? That'd be great.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

Hmm..I'm guessing that the Wii won't be any different from the other versions in terms of compatibility. I've got no proof however, it just would seem weird if it were different. You could probably post this question directly to the official RB forums and get a response from a developer.

t2t2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ciffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ciffy

so that would be a "nothing confirmed" then?

I've asked this question of the bombcast crew but it wasn't answered =/

Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
    Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Vash_The_Stampede

I am planning on getting the GH bundle, and then buying the RB game disc...but Im still not sure if everything will be compatible with everything....

Ciffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ciffy

I've read on the GH forums that they will NOT be compatible.  The Activision / VV instruments use the Wii-mote to communicate with the Wii whereas the RB instruments use Bluetooth to bypass the wii-motes.  That wasn't an official quote, but it made sense to me.  I'm sad if that's the case, b/c there are some great songs on the RB discs that I would love to play, but the music creator and more realistic drums have me sold 100% on GH WT if I have to pick only one. =/

scamp115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By scamp115

I see no reason for the instruments to be incompatible. There is almost no excuse except for lazyness/pigheadedness by the developers on both sides. The instruments are transmitting a signal to the Wii everytime a note is pressed or hit. It shouldn't matter that the methods by which these signals get to the Wii are different. As long as each developer knows what these signals are going to be they should be able to code the game to recognize the other games instruments. Again I see no real technical limitation. It will come down to the developers reaching out to one another and taking the time to do it right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.