Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Guitar Hero is back in effect !

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n
    Guitar Hero: World Tour
    Just spent my first night with Guitar Hero: World Tour. Played some 2 man band on Rock band 1 instruments. Its a blast. The game actually feels like a huge leap forward from both Rock Band 1, which was the last music game to spin in my 360, and Guitar Hero III. Compared to Rock Band 1 this feels way smoother when it comes to everything. The framerate, the flow of the notecharts and the sensitivity of the instruments. And going back to Guitar Hero I fully realize how much I prefer the GH style round notes over the RB "lines". And lets face it, Guitar Hero was the first experience I had in whats now this huge industry of music games. It just feels right going back to it. It feels very polished overall and it works perfect with the RB1 instruments. And when you thought they couldnt mix up the formula any longer they add "slap"- no hold notes for bass, bending and "hold+hammer on at the same time"-notes for guitars, free play parts and a new way to activate starpower for drums and alot of small little touches that makes you go "oh, cool, never seen that before".
    Presentation feels fresh and everything RB1 did seems to be in here and more. Metallicas Death Magnetic album just lies there waiting for me on the store but theres so much stuff on the disc that speaks to my taste that I will have to deal with first.
    We tried out a couple of homebew songs made by gamers and to my surprise they were actually playable. The quality of the instrument sounds is waay lower than in the real songs tho so they end up sounding like the soundtrack from an old videogame with half-fake, digitalized instruments. (think Doom 1, E1M1 Hangar, fake shredding style). If you take it for what it is and see the charm of playing these songs like a distraction its kinda neat.
    So far the game has blown me away with its feel and polish and if they can support their store with regular content I see no reason to go out and buy the Rock Band 2 disc. The whole Guitar Hero interface just "clicks" better with me and it wasnt until tonight that I realized this.
    The problem is tho, they probably WONT update the store nearly as often as Harmonix and not with as many recognizable songs either. But I´ll wait and see..
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimbo_n
    Just spent my first night with Guitar Hero: World Tour. Played some 2 man band on Rock band 1 instruments. Its a blast. The game actually feels like a huge leap forward from both Rock Band 1, which was the last music game to spin in my 360, and Guitar Hero III. Compared to Rock Band 1 this feels way smoother when it comes to everything. The framerate, the flow of the notecharts and the sensitivity of the instruments. And going back to Guitar Hero I fully realize how much I prefer the GH style round notes over the RB "lines". And lets face it, Guitar Hero was the first experience I had in whats now this huge industry of music games. It just feels right going back to it. It feels very polished overall and it works perfect with the RB1 instruments. And when you thought they couldnt mix up the formula any longer they add "slap"- no hold notes for bass, bending and "hold+hammer on at the same time"-notes for guitars, free play parts and a new way to activate starpower for drums and alot of small little touches that makes you go "oh, cool, never seen that before".
    Presentation feels fresh and everything RB1 did seems to be in here and more. Metallicas Death Magnetic album just lies there waiting for me on the store but theres so much stuff on the disc that speaks to my taste that I will have to deal with first.
    We tried out a couple of homebew songs made by gamers and to my surprise they were actually playable. The quality of the instrument sounds is waay lower than in the real songs tho so they end up sounding like the soundtrack from an old videogame with half-fake, digitalized instruments. (think Doom 1, E1M1 Hangar, fake shredding style). If you take it for what it is and see the charm of playing these songs like a distraction its kinda neat.
    So far the game has blown me away with its feel and polish and if they can support their store with regular content I see no reason to go out and buy the Rock Band 2 disc. The whole Guitar Hero interface just "clicks" better with me and it wasnt until tonight that I realized this.
    The problem is tho, they probably WONT update the store nearly as often as Harmonix and not with as many recognizable songs either. But I´ll wait and see..
    geekpimpfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By geekpimpfx

Rock Band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guitar Hero

Songs are better, DLC is better, presentation is better, character customization is better and progression of the setlist is better.  The ONLY thing GH does better than RB is make better instruments, that's it.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jimbo_n
    AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AthleticShark

Well for DLC, GH has gotten a lot of good ones so far. i mean RB has been out a year already so it has had a better start. So far Gh has been realesing DLC every week just like RB and Rb's has gotten worse everyweek. I mean come on, the fucking Dixie Chicks?

geekpimpfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By geekpimpfx

I am a huge fan of GH having Smashing Pumpkins...however they could've grabbed a "more fun" track than 1979, that was a poor choice IMO.

I don't know how anyone could argue GH's presentation is better than RB.  RB has all of those awesome camera angles/effects, etc.  GH's presentation from stage to stage, song to song is pretty much the same thing over and over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.