Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

Guitar Hero World Tour vs. Rock Band 2

pwnmaster3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By pwnmaster3001

im getting guitar hero world tour, u?

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ekajarmstro

Rock Band 2 can use all of the songs already available as DLC for the first rock band, so I will definately get that. I like Harmonix games better seeing as they are actually made by real musicians. Also, I think the Rock Band drums make more sense to me... the toms all just double as a cymbal. The GH drums seem weird because they are flat out missing a tom and cymbal.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By A Likely Story

Both. The fact that I can use my RB drums/mic with GH had me sold.

There's no sense in fighting over which is better either.

Pezjulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Pezjulo

I think Ill buy GH complete with instruments and that just get the RB2 game disc...

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver

On one hand, GH looks great, with the song creator and all. But I am most definitely buying Rock  band 2 because of all the songs I downloaded. Plus, GH looks a year behind in terms of real gameplay.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Demyx

Probably Rock Band 2, but I don't really know.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By grilledcheez

RB2 and maybe GH but I'm still not sure.

fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fryedrycestyle

Well I'm getting RB2 at launch with a drumkit, I will get World Tour at some point, but I'm not sure if I should pre-order and get on launch or wait until Xmas.

Sparkcil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sparkcil

GH:WT. I'll get RB2 if the GH instruments are compatible with it for the Wii..

Red Octane makes better quality peripherals.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Timma1083

RB2 with the drum kit only. I'm still not sure as to whether to get any hardware at all for GH:WT, since I'm not really liking the layout for the drums. The main problem I have with GH:WT is (to me) is full of gimmicks. Touch Pad on guitar? No thanks, I don't need it. A back button thats now a bar under the strum bar? No thanks, I was fine with a button. Music Creater? No thanks, please focus on the setlist instead. Open notes on bass? Please no. Not to mention I'm not really fond of the setlist so far, there's almost no metal on it (Ozzy is pretty much the only thing on there, and even that I'm not really thrilled about). I also don't like how there putting multiple songs by one artist in the game, it seems like there just trying to get as much songs in the game to brag with a number. Variety wise the setlist is pretty bad, focussing mostly on Classic Rock and Big Hits (Seriously, I don't need 2 Ozzy and Henrix Songs). And I seriously doubt Neversoft will be able to compete with RB's downloadable content, especially at the pricing it is now for just guitar and bass, imagine how much it'll be for all four parts. On the gameplay side, I don't like how its looking. Rock Band just looks a year ahead of GH in terms of Gameplay.

Overall, RB has me sold, since I have like 150 something songs downloaded for it, and I'm liking there setlist more then GH:WT's.

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By drok17

Rock band all the way. I totally agree with all the points you made Timma

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demyx
    Timma1083 said:
    "RB2 with the drum kit only. I'm still not sure as to whether to get any hardware at all for GH:WT, since I'm not really liking the layout for the drums. The main problem I have with GH:WT is (to me) is full of gimmicks. Touch Pad on guitar? No thanks, I don't need it. A back button thats now a bar under the strum bar? No thanks, I was fine with a button. Music Creater? No thanks, please focus on the setlist instead. Open notes on bass? Please no. Not to mention I'm not really fond of the setlist so far, there's almost no metal on it (Ozzy is pretty much the only thing on there, and even that I'm not really thrilled about). I also don't like how there putting multiple songs by one artist in the game, it seems like there just trying to get as much songs in the game to brag with a number. Variety wise the setlist is pretty bad, focussing mostly on Classic Rock and Big Hits (Seriously, I don't need 2 Ozzy and Henrix Songs). And I seriously doubt Neversoft will be able to compete with RB's downloadable content, especially at the pricing it is now for just guitar and bass, imagine how much it'll be for all four parts. On the gameplay side, I don't like how its looking. Rock Band just looks a year ahead of GH in terms of Gameplay.

Overall, RB has me sold, since I have like 150 something songs downloaded for it, and I'm liking there setlist more then GH:WT's."
    so you can get RB2 just with the drums? thats the only one I wanted.
    your post really has me sold on Rockband 2.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Timma1083
    Demyx said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    "RB2 with the drum kit only. I'm still not sure as to whether to get any hardware at all for GH:WT, since I'm not really liking the layout for the drums. The main problem I have with GH:WT is (to me) is full of gimmicks. Touch Pad on guitar? No thanks, I don't need it. A back button thats now a bar under the strum bar? No thanks, I was fine with a button. Music Creater? No thanks, please focus on the setlist instead. Open notes on bass? Please no. Not to mention I'm not really fond of the setlist so far, there's almost no metal on it (Ozzy is pretty much the only thing on there, and even that I'm not really thrilled about). I also don't like how there putting multiple songs by one artist in the game, it seems like there just trying to get as much songs in the game to brag with a number. Variety wise the setlist is pretty bad, focussing mostly on Classic Rock and Big Hits (Seriously, I don't need 2 Ozzy and Henrix Songs). And I seriously doubt Neversoft will be able to compete with RB's downloadable content, especially at the pricing it is now for just guitar and bass, imagine how much it'll be for all four parts. On the gameplay side, I don't like how its looking. Rock Band just looks a year ahead of GH in terms of Gameplay.

Overall, RB has me sold, since I have like 150 something songs downloaded for it, and I'm liking there setlist more then GH:WT's."
    so you can get RB2 just with the drums? thats the only one I wanted.
    your post really has me sold on Rockband 2."
    Yup, all the instruments will be sold separately at launch.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6296e29cde7c5
    deactivated-6296e29cde7c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting Rock Band 2, only the game. I'm also getting the whole Guitar Hero: WT instrument set. I'm really impressed as to how they are differentiating themselves from Rock Band. The guitar for GHWT wasn't that impressive until I understood what the touch strip could do, now I'm stoked.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Oni
    Hobbies said:
    "Both. The fact that I can use my RB drums/mic with GH had me sold.

There's no sense in fighting over which is better either.
    "
    Yup. All RB1 instruments are compatible with both so there is really no good reason not to at least buy both games stand-alone.
    Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Guitar Hero: World Tour for me.

The_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Beast

Buying GH:WT with everything then getting RB2 with just the game

Kore22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kore22

Even though RB2 looks more promising to me, I guess I'll be getting GH:WT becasue the bloody Australian game market hasn't even released the first RB here yet!
    After that, I'll get RB2 as the game. (If it ever comes out, that is)

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm a little torn over which looks the better game but having the instruments and songs from Rock Band 1, I definately plan to be getting Rock Band 2. Damn those gaming developers and their corporate strategy.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By calf_exercises

I will wait for the views, but by the looks of things I will get GH4 then just get the RB disk

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Farley_Lives

I'll be getting GH:WT if the features turn out as they say there going to, other wise if the gameplay sucks, i may jump the fence to rock band. But that's an extreme scenario. I do plan on checking out RB at some point though, but i'll just get the disc, cause I do really like Red Octanes hardware more.

t2t2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By t2t2

I'll be getting GHWT as most other wii owners (who also own GH3) will do because RB 2 most probably wont support GH series instruments.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By BigBoss1911

Meh.I hate both equally.

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GameFreak315

I'm getting Guitar Hero...and if World Tour's drum set works on Rock Band, I might pick that up sometime, too.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Demyx

After thinking about it, I could get both, but idk. If I can afford it after buying the other games I actually want then sure.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thunder

im getting GH:WT with everything and probably just the disc for RB2

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By guiseppe

I'm getting both games without the instruments. I already have three guitars and the drums didn't really sell me with Rock Band. I mean it's fun and all, but it just gets way too repetetive for me.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolverine

They are both way to expensive. I could get them I would rather just spend that money on other things.

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Kaycon11

I'm getting the band kit for GHWT and I'm just gonna pick up RB2. I think they are both great but I think overall GHWT has the better setlist. I think it will be interesting to see which game ends up selling better and who likes which better. I also can't wait to compare the 13 some odd crossover songs to see which note charts are better.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Timma1083
    Kaycon11 said:
    "I'm getting the band kit for GHWT and I'm just gonna pick up RB2. I think they are both great but I think overall GHWT has the better setlist. I think it will be interesting to see which game ends up selling better and who likes which better. I also can't wait to compare the 13 some odd crossover songs to see which note charts are better."
    I can answer this for you right now. Guitar Hero will sell better. Why? Because it has the Guitar Hero brand behind it, that's why. While I wish Rock Band would sell better, since in my opinion its a better quality product, it just isn't going to happen.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31  Edited By dsplayer1010

The instruments work with both games, so I might get both.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Timma1083 said:
    "Kaycon11 said:
    "I'm getting the band kit for GHWT and I'm just gonna pick up RB2. I think they are both great but I think overall GHWT has the better setlist. I think it will be interesting to see which game ends up selling better and who likes which better. I also can't wait to compare the 13 some odd crossover songs to see which note charts are better."
    I can answer this for you right now. Guitar Hero will sell better. Why? Because it has the Guitar Hero brand behind it, that's why. While I wish Rock Band would sell better, since in my opinion its a better quality product, it just isn't going to happen."

I'm kind of starting to believe that Rock Band is just better. I've always had a preference for Guitar Hero and love the community that comes with it, but after playing a lot of Rock Band 2 over the last week or so, I think that just with set list alone GH WT is going to take a hit. The make-a-song thing sounds really good and really in-depth, which is basically why I'm getting it.
    nymets819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nymets819

I'm just gunna get both.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shocker

I like Rock Band 2 a lot, but the drum set pisses me off. I went through 4 of the rock band 1 drums. And on my 2nd rock band 2 drum set, which misses notes like crazy.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RetroIce4

GH:WT.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HandsomeDead

With this actually having a release date for the UK, i'll definitely be picking this up before Rock Band 2, though, I'll just buy the game on its own and play with my old GHII guitar while waiting for the full Rock Band 2 kit to come out here.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Captain_Insano

Guitar Hero because Harmonix has screwed Australia by STILL not having Rock Band 1 here yet and it being (somehow) even more expensive than Guitar Hero when it does arrive. I know I like Guitar Hero so for me, it will be that which I get

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By TomA

Neither,i don't get the rythm game hype,just play a real guitar it's alot more rewarding,also the gameplay in rythm games is boring as heck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.