Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero World Tour

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 26, 2008

The fourth game in the Guitar Hero series adds drums and vocals to the mix, along with a music studio that you can use to create new tracks and share them online.

How long can it last?

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Zaapp1

Now that our beloved Guitar Hero has given in and copied Rock Band, do you think that these two games can co-exist or will one eventually win out?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
    deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I think they will co-exist there's too much money in it for someone to just quit

CryingHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CryingHero
    They will both co-exist, their aim is both to out do each other. It's really neck and neck and they have both got their uniqueness.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can co-exist, easily. It's just a new genre of games I guess... Music games, SingStar, now Lips, Rock Band, now Guitar Hero World Tour, etc etc. But one will always be better than the other and I think, and IMO RB will be.

Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Charles

They will both be around for a good while.

sneaky77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sneaky77

I don't see why people are so obsessed with it has to be one or the other, I think both games can coexist. I plan to enjoy both games anyway.

BlackCurtain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlackCurtain

Yeah, they will probably co exist. I think that there might be a slight hardcore/casual distinction though, with Guitar Hero being a lot harder than Rock Band, and also, that music creator seems very deep and hardcore if you ask me.

richied0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By richied0

Err, Rock Revolution, anyone?

lux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lux

I think Guitar Hero and Rock Band can definitely co-exist. I love them both, but damn these games are making me broke as hell.

BlackCurtain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlackCurtain
    Richied said:
    "Err, Rock Revolution, anyone?"
    NO!
    sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sdodd02

co-exist for sure.

Nightkiller93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nightkiller93

There is way to much money in the rhythm game industry for one to simply give up,both will continue for years to come.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By Atlas

That's like comparing the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. They both do effectively the same things, but have their own unique style, set of features and exclusive content. If two high-end consoles can exist together, why can't two band games co-exist?

ElConnro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ElConnro

While I'll always say Rock Band will be better, I still enjoy the Guitar Hero games, and now that it's been announced that the Rock Band instruments will work, I will definitely be buying this. RB and GH can co-exist for sure...but Rock Revolution? Not so much.

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Zaapp1
    Zombi said:
    "I think Guitar Hero and Rock Band can definitely co-exist. I love them both, but damn these games are making me broke as hell.
    "
    That's a great point though, each game makes a few tweaks to it's instruments per iteration and people are out $500, eventually people will either stop buying one or both unless radical changes can be made, and we'll just have to wait and see how long they can keep that up.  Guitar Hero is more established and was the least expensive of the two, whereas most people who bought the Rock Band bundle could probably hold off a few iterations on new hardware.  I don't really want 2 pairs of drums, 4 guitars, and 2 mics taking up all of my space and cash, so unless a 3rd party comes in and makes equipment for both, the two games are going to create a rift between players.  These same players are going to want to play online with people, so whichever game really takes off will be the one people flock to.

On the point of Guitar Hero being "more hardcore", I'm not so sure anymore.  I loved TTFAF (except for it being overplayed, come on guys, it's 11 minutes) but now GH is trying to incorporate more players by making it a bit easier and a bit smoother between difficulties.  Whatever happened to fail until you can play it?  And has anyone seen the new slide-sensor things on the GH guitars?  They were playing some super fast riff by just dragging a finger back and forth (I'm pretty sure it worked even if you dropped the streak, unlike HO/POs).  That's not the hardcore I remember.
    Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Homer

If either one of them wins I would say it is probably gonna be guitar hero

BranDong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By BranDong

It's like Street Fighter II vs. Mortal Kombat

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArchScabby

they will both end up like dance dance revolution.  They release way too many versions, and everybody ends up not caring anymore.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Timma1083

They'll both co-exist for a pretty long time. Eventually we'll start seeing artists we've never seen before, and who knows what else will happen down the line. I don't think one or the other has to win at all, in fact the only people I hear say that are usually fanboys.  One doesn't need to be "more hardcore" or "more family friendly" at all. If anything, keep it the way it is. Easy and Medium for Casual Players, Hard and Expert for more devoted and hardcore players. Saying one game is better then the other based on difficulty is plain stupid, since in reality it comes down to the songs themselves (Except in Neversoft's case where a good number of the songs on GH3 were overcharted)

However, Rock Revolution, will die, I can say that now.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Quadrifoglio

I think they will continue to out-do eachother, which is the best thing for customers, because it forces them to bring their A-game.

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Manks

Co-exist.  It will bring competition to each other and they'll improve off of it.  

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By drok17

They can definitely co-exist, Rock Revolution won't though lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.